Video of a trader blow up Today, NSFW lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jtnet, Jan 21, 2008.

1. The video is called "The stockmarket ruined my life". I feel for the guy, but the stockmarket didn't ruin his life, he did. It just shows you how people fail to take responsibility for their OWN trades.

#31     Jan 21, 2008
  2. Even in a zero sum game, laughing at your own success is not quite the same as laughing at someone else's misery.

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

#32     Jan 21, 2008
  3. lol he should be ashamed at posting this video on youtube.

#33     Jan 21, 2008

4. Finally, something both thunder dog and can agree on! Seriously, what kind of person finds humor in someone else's financial ruin?

#34     Jan 21, 2008
  5. Apparently the guy has a blog called "High Probability Trading".

This what he has to say:

He doesn't deserve sympathy, but he doesn't deserve ridicule either. He's outlined his strategy as day trading, yet was willing to take on the risk of going long 10 cars over the three day weekend with the stock markets in a massive down trend.

He was willing to carry the risk and he's payed for it. He just learned a harsh lesson in trading: reward decreases as risk increases. Atleast he's mature enough to post about it.

#35     Jan 21, 2008
  6. lololololol..

I remember when I blew up my first FX account.. I was on over a gram of test a week and it wasn't pretty, very similar to this but with a lot more rage.

Great vid, thanks for posting!

#36     Jan 21, 2008
  7. I admit I don't quite understand his rationale for posting it. But you can view it as a public service to those who are starting to get a bit too arrogant for their own good. A cautionary tale.

#37     Jan 21, 2008
  8. Empathy for being an undisciplined idiot? lol don't think so

#38     Jan 21, 2008
  9. I agree. But that doesn't necessarily make it funny, as some people here seem to think.

#39     Jan 21, 2008
  10. If you don't think it's funny, then so be it.. but geez you're like a nagging women...

#40     Jan 21, 2008