Video Graphics Card Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gcapman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

Okay, so I was able to fix my Windows reboot issue

But now I am having issues with my video card

I don't have the proper driver installed (there is no label on my card) so I can not use both my monitors as 2 separate monitors

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem???

Thanks in advance!!!

2. You need to restart your computer and go into BIOS, its there where it will tell you what kind of graphics card you have.

Once you know what graphics card it is you can go to a site like:

www.soft32com to download the proper driver

3. have you tried to look under ControlPanel/system info/hardware/device_manager/display adaptors at what it finds as video card hardware?
    Double click on the device driver and update it and or make any changes you want.

edit: bios is good idea also. I assume if you can see the video on your monitor that it found something, might want to quickly run above 1st.

4. Gcapman

Gcapman

I checked under the My Computer

It has a yellow exclamation point over the icon - indicating that it is unknown

I will try the BIOS method

5. GTS

GTS

If you don't have another way of finding out what the card is (e.g. specs from the original system order) then physically pulling the card and finding the model # is the best way. It may not have a big white label but the card has to have some module # or ref numbers on it, even the cheapest knock-off cards have this.

If it shows up in BIOS that's great but I've never seen that for 3rd-party video cards. System query software like Everest or SiSoftware Sandra may work but if the system hasn't loaded the right driver I don't know if its going to report any useful information.

If it were me I would pull the card and look really closely for any markings on the card.

6. Gcapman

Gcapman

It is so refreshing to see real helpful assistance from respectful and knowledgeable posters on ET

Many Thanks!!! :cool:

7. Another potential option.
    http://www.drivershq.com/

I haven't used it personally, but it shows up in similar forum related problems to yours. GL