Video game companies want criminals to stop using their games to launder real-life loot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Farmas

Farmas

I often play computer games and stream. Therefore, I consider compression gloves like this. With them I can play longer. I saw that many cybersportsmen use such gloves.

#11     Jan 7, 2020
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Do casual gamers use these? And by casual I mean people who just do it for fun, rather than game competitively.

#12     Jan 7, 2020
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    #13     Jan 28, 2020
    mlawson71 likes this.
  4. Is this true? I don't think that a lot of people should be ready for things like that. On the other side, there are a lot of pirates all around the world, and I guess the world needs to sell the games cheaper than it is at the present time..

#14     Jun 12, 2020
  5. LCox1987

LCox1987

If you think that this is only done to protect the players, then you are wrong. Valve is one of the most greedy companies out there today. I don't know anyone who makes that much money out of nothing ... One key in cs go costs $ 2.5, but you also need a container to open. You can get it during the game or buy it for $ 2.5 too. Roughly speaking, it takes $ 5 to open one container, but in the end, with a 95% chance, the player will get an item that costs less than one dollar, about 4% that this skin will cost $ 5-10 and 1% that it will be more expensive than $ 10. I think you can see for yourself how beneficial this is for Valve. That is why I have never opened cases in the game. I got all my skins from third-party services such as itemherald.com. It is much more profitable and faster than in the game itself.

#15     Nov 3, 2020
  6. easymon1

easymon1

#16     Nov 11, 2020
  7. EllieG

EllieG

In my opinion, CS GO is still popular because Valve is trying to do everything possible to promote it. Even this announcement about the liquidation of worldwide fraud networks it's another way to make more money. I played this game for a few years, and I realized that not everything is so simple. They make big money out of nothing, even if it's skins for weapons or their cheap csgo knives.

#17     Feb 18, 2021
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

CS GO? Counter Strike GO?

#18     Feb 18, 2021
  9. Morgan21

Morgan21

Maybe some people don't like CS GO, but I like to play in it and I think this game deserves its popularity. If you ask anyone what games they play, most will say Minecraft and CS GO. If you have created a product, you need to know how to promote it, and Valve handles this well. You can't condemn them just because they know how to make money. I bought from them one of the cheapest csgo knife, and I am satisfied. Nobody makes you buy anything, it's just your choice.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    #19     Feb 25, 2021
  10. cabanos

cabanos

Good decision by Valve! I've been playing in CS: GO since 2012 and I never understood keys trading. But I know why people love different skins for weapons and want to customize their rifles. It's a very big market. If you want to buy awp dragon lore factory new you have to prepare $10k+. Crazy!

#20     Apr 22, 2021