Video| Fine Tuning from the Top Scientists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Really!? So I guess all polls are similarly rubbish because not everyone is asked. You seem to have a problem with polling.....witness your insistence that Romney would win.

Face it. The vast majority of scientist with expertise in areas that most inform the "God Argument" are atheists.

Rates of atheism goes up with both education and intelligence.

Belief in God is a sign of a weak, deluded and ignorant mind.

#51     Mar 4, 2013
  2. jem

jem

1. you are so ignorant of facts... I just gave you a pew poll which showed that the numbers were about 50 / 50.

when scientists from The American Assoc for the Advancement of science were asked... 50 percent believe in a higher power.

2. as if this is not a stupid enough argument to begin with.

you do not seem to understand the difference between the proper use of an authority and a logical fallacy of an appeal to authority.

3. Polls which have limited respone have to do a lot of work with their samples to report results which may correspond with the group at large.

I do not see any balancing of they sample size here.

so in terms of real polling science...

a survey which only gets a 50% return for a question which could have negative repercussion on their career... is not exactly a survey you would hang your hat on.

The pew poll is probably much closer to an accurate representation.

http://www.pewforum.org/Science-and-Bioethics/Scientists-and-Belief.aspx

#52     Mar 4, 2013
  3. jem

jem

Yeah Stu... you debunked...

Rees, Susskind and Weinberg.

Stu - the troll with delusions of Grandeur.

I will post the video again and give you a chance to debunk it.

#53     Mar 4, 2013
  4. jem

jem

We are ready for Stu... to debunk an astronomer royal, a nobel prize winner and the co founder of string theory.....

This should be rich....

Debunk away...

Who thinks they can predict what page of the troll playbook Stu will use next.

1. Will he attack the messenger
    2. will he change the argument.
    3. will he pretend he already won the argument and is too busy to let us know how he did it
    4 will he just go away for a time
    5. will he make up lies about some other topic
    6 will he just call me names

or...

will he actually debunk the statements of Rees, Weinberg or Susskind.

remember... all he has to do is let us know one... statement which he debunked... and how he did it.

#54     Mar 4, 2013
  5. 1) I fail to see what supposedly makes them experts on "GOD"But you must pardon me as I spent a year in a monastery and experienced the presence of one who quite likely will be deemed a Saint.

2a) Quite possible
    2b) I kinda doubt the veracity of that one , but I bet it does make you fweel better about it.

3) Sounds like projection to me.

#55     Mar 4, 2013
  6. jem

jem

Stu... claims to have debunked this...

also you troll liar stu...

do you remember your argument about inflation and the landscape and the multiverse... you got that one wrong too...

its your troll arguments which have been debunked Stu...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2cT4zZIHR3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#56     Mar 4, 2013
  7. I'm gonna take a "stu", after I flush you can say hello to fc.
    :D

#57     Mar 4, 2013
  8. Anyone in a monastery is probably the least qualified to speak about the logic of there being a God. They are the most deluded.

Belief in God is a sign of a weak, deluded and/or ignorant mind.

I'll allow that sometimes it's just ignorance. But in today's world where there is an explanation for the things previously ascribed to God there is really no excuse. Only a fool believes in his heart that there is a God.

#58     Mar 4, 2013
  9. 1) On what basis are you drawing that conclusion.

2) YAWN!
    3) Explain away if that makes you feel better.
    4) I wonder why dipshit liberals have difficulty with the concept of "God"?
    since that's you why don't you explain it to me?

#59     Mar 4, 2013
  10. jem

jem

So proud of being an atheist you do not even understand what one of the smartest atheists on the planet just said in the video on this very page.

He said one explanation for the incredible fine tuning is God.
    Another explanation would be to have faith we find a mulitiverse.

Why do you think faith in finding a multiverse makes your mind superior to that of someone who has faith in a Creator.

#60     Mar 4, 2013