***Video*** Depleted Uranium: Your Loving U.S. Government at Work!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I.Q., Sep 29, 2007.

1. I.Q.

I.Q.

Depleted Uranium
    (Video at bottom of post)
    (This article is an English translation, so it's a bit rough)

September 28, 2007

[​IMG]

THE RADIOACTIVITY PERSISTS FOR OVER 4,500,000,000 YEARS KILLING MILLIONS OF EVERY AGE FOR CENTURIES TO COME .THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY WHICH MAY RANK WITH THE WORST ATROCITIES OF ALL TIME.

The people out there – the Iraqis, the media and the troops – risk the most appalling ill health. And the radiation from depleted uranium can travel literally anywhere. It’s going to destroy the lives of thousands of children, all over the world. We all know how far radiation can travel. Radiation from Chernobyl reached Wales and in Britain you sometimes get red dust from the Sahara on your car.’

This is a story in which the facts have been concealed from those who needed them most. It is also a story we need to know if the people of Iraq are to get the medical care they desperately need, and if our troops, returning from Iraq, are not to suffer as terribly as the veterans of other conflicts in which depleted uranium was used . 'Depleted’ uranium is in many ways a misnomer. 'Depleted’ sounds weak. The only weak thing about depleted uranium is its price. It is dirt cheap, toxic, waste.

On hearing that DU had been used in the Gulf in 1991 the UK Atomic Energy Authority sent the Ministry of Defence a special report on the potential damage to health and the environment. It said that it could cause half a million additional cancer deaths in Iraq over 10 years. In that war the authorities only admitted to using 320 tons of DU – although the Dutch charity LAKA estimates the true figure is closer to 800 tons. Many times that may have been spread across Iraq by this war. The devastating damage all this DU will do to the health and fertility of the people of Iraq now, and for generations to come, IS BEYOND IMAGINING.

The radioactivity persists for over 4,500,000,000 years killing millions of every age for centuries to come. This is a crime against humanity which may rank with the worst atrocities of all time.

Since DU darkened the land Iraq has seen birth defects which would break a heart of stone: babies with terribly foreshortened limbs, with their intestines outside their bodies, with huge bulging tumours where their eyes should be, or with a single eye – like Cyclops, or without eyes, or without limbs, and even without heads.

A U.S. Department of Veterans study of 251 Gulf war veteran's families found that 67% had children with severe illnesses or birth defects.

Depleted uranium, also known as the radioactive isotope U-238, doesn't just dissolve or go away.

The genocidal US and UK military has permanently poisoned Kuwait, southern Iraq, Bosnia, the Kosovo highlands of Yugoslavia and much of the Yugoslavian Danube River basin=wherever DU fire was concentrated.

In Iraq, cancer rates have quadrupled in areas of southern Iraq bombed by the American and British state terrorists. Cases of leukemia are starting to show up among people who served as NATO occupation forces in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Pentagon officials have been forced to admit that thousands of U.S. soldiers were "unnecessarily exposed" to depleted uranium radiation in the Gulf War. But of course they claim those exposures were "not medically significant." Since Nature does not take orders from the Pentagon, however, the Gulf War Syndrome affects one out of seven Gulf War veterans. By some estimates, more than 120,000 Gulf War veterans are chronically ill.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L_RqK_tpkBU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L_RqK_tpkBU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

2. The sad part is that many people in the US still support this criminal administration and its criminal war. They all know the truth but elect to look the other way.

Thanks I.Q!

3. IQ is nothing more than a talking head posting anything with shock value that is anti-western, anti Jewish (I am protestant, BTW).

4. I.Q.

I.Q.

In a time of lies, the truth is shocking. I agree. LOL :)

5. The Clinton administration and NATO used the same weapons in the Balkans.

6. I.Q.

I.Q.

Yup, Clinton is just as big of a war criminal as Bush is. They should both be serving life sentences.

:mad:

7. Do you also support charging hamas for targeting civilians with war crime charges?