Video Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scottive, Aug 15, 2001.

1. scottive

scottive

New to this board, it is fantastic. I am a novice, and just had a custom system built. I put in the Appian Jeronimo Pro quad video card in the system. I guess I am wondering if I jumped the gun as I have seen discussion on the board about the Matrox video cards, specificaaly the G550. Is one better than the other? What are the differences. Thank you in advance.

2. railman

railman

I am also a new member however I have a great deal of computer tech knowledge. Trust me when I say NO! You have not jumped the gun with your purchase! As a matter of fact I have been researching multiple monitor/video adapter combinations for about the past 3 weeks and I too have decided to go the appian hurricane route! You will be well served by this card. The ATI Radeon chipset on this card in testing outperforms both the Mattrox and the Nvidia solutions when running in 32 bit mode which is the only way to go if you are running large (17 in. + CRT or 15 in. + LCD) monitors!

Good luck with your system and happy, profitable trading to you!

3. scottive

scottive

Thank you.

4. huby

huby

Railman,
    I've also been doing some dd on Appian video cards. Do you know if all of their cards will fit in a PCI slot? I've heard that some of them need an AGP slot. Is this correct? I only have a PCI slot on my machine so I need to make sure I get the right one. I'm also looking at the Jeronimo Pro 4. Do you happen to know if it will fit in a PCI slot? Thanks.

5. jperl

jperl

Those of you interested in multimonitor displays-check out

http://www.realtimesoft.com/

This site is devoted to multimonitor configurations and provides a large list of those that work and those with problems.
    FYI-I use one ATI RADEON 64DDR AGP and two Matrox Millenniums 4Mb PCI's. Works great.
    Enjoy!

6. railman

railman