Video Cards..help wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CoralReef, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Sorry i should have been more clear. PCI is still around but you can get lowerend AGP cards for uder 100$ dollars. i guess it depends on what kind of computer guy you are. im a gamer so pci is "Dead" to me. its not for gaming but it can suit some peoples needs. I really think you exaggerate the life of the pci cards. they will go out far before 2014Since alot of people even adults want to have a gaming computer or a home entertainment computer. I know alot of people who use computers alot and not just gamers people who have home offices and none of them have a pci card. i even asked them if they would consider getting a pci card and they say never since its far more practicle to get An AGP. Sure you can get pci pretty easily but ive looked on the internet and i could harly find any and the ones that i did were only 16mb cards. theres not much you can do with a 16 mb card. though i respect your opinion i must say im not wrong who really wants pci now. Also when i was younger i got a pci card. those things can be a real pain in the ass to install even if you know what your doing . My ucle has some degree in computers and even he had a hard time with it. He's never been a fan of pci cards and he even says that AGP cards are better. As for pci-e they are better they get good support for drivers and installation help.much better support than AGP cards do. they also are better than AGP but its not really nessacary to have one unless you plan on playing games like fear and oblivion. I would say i was about 33% wrong not 75% stop trying to act like you know everything .I was just trying to help sheesh. im not trying to be an asshole.

#41     Aug 28, 2006
  2. just get an ATI Radeon card. a top notch card and these days there are a lot of vendors producing cards with ATI chips, and the deal is extremely cheap. i recently bought one for $80. the card usually comes with one port for CRT, one for LCD, and one for TV. you'll get a good sharp picture (that is, if you have good monitors) and that's all you'll EVER need for trading. no need to pay a penny more for hot shot cards. they provide zero extra functionality for trading. ATI works a treat and i love the picture. there are cheaper cards of course but check if they provide a good picture otherwise your eyes will go bad watching all these quotes all day in 1600x1200 resolution.

#42     Aug 29, 2006
  3. Im getting a GeForce 7600 GT CO for my pc. It requires a minimum of 350 Watts. The problem is my cpu is a celron and i found nothing that is compatible with it. When it says compatible with all first rate cpus does that mean celron too. What would be a good 400 watt power supply compatible with celron.

#43     Aug 29, 2006
  4. What is the better video card the eVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO or The XFX 7600 GT XXX.

#44     Sep 1, 2006