Video Cards..help wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CoralReef, Mar 26, 2005.

1. paulus

paulus

hi Nutzo,

that GForce 5200 FX card, is it a dual monitor card ?
    i.e. you don't have to add a second video-card if you you want
    to use a dual monitor setup ?

kind regards,
    paulus

#11     Mar 29, 2005
  2. You only have one AGP slot on your motherboard. If it is occupied, then your only choice is to buy PCI. If you are only adding a second monitor and nothing fancier, then you can pick up a wide variety of PCI cards for $15-20. Matrox and nVidia are ok together. Throwing an ATI in the mix causes problems for some reason on many motherboards.

#12     Apr 2, 2005
  3. I Am Looking to Buy a New Graphics Card for my computer. I Recently got a new computer with a 3.06 GHz Celron Processor and I have 512mb of Ram(I Plan On Upgrading to 1Gb of rom).I've Been looking around and have found some good cards but they exceed my budget. I'm a serious gamer so performance is a must . My Budget is 150$ and It Would Be great if someone could give me a list of a few good gaming video cards somewere around that range. I've tried to scrounge up as much money as i could it was hard enough getting want i already got. If I Had A little more money it would make things so much easier. I've Looked at the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256mb but its out of my price range. If Anyone knows where to get video cards for cheap pleas send me a reply. Again my budget is short and my needs are high. someone please get back to me as soon as possible.

#13     Aug 21, 2006
  4. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

I want a car:

1. it must be fast, 186mph+ top-speed
    2. it must get 30mpg+
    3. must be able to run on regular 87-octane gas, no exotic fuels allowed
    4. must corner like on rails
    5. get by with maintenance-intervals of not less than 50,000 miles
    6. meets highest safety-standards, occupants must be able to walk away from top-speed crashes
    7. be exclusive with not more than 250 built
    8. uses the most exotic materials, titanium, carbon-fibre, etc.
    9. must cost less than $25k as I can't afford more on my janitor's salary...

#14     Aug 21, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

Just as we'd like our wimmen... all the "best features" but not too expensive.

NOT!!

#15     Aug 21, 2006
  6. Yea, it's not really rocket science for trading. The video cards are so sophisticated now for gaming that you really won't have any probs. The only thing I found that could be a hangup is to make sure that your motherboard has the proper plug in (PCI, PCI Express, etc) Check ET home page on Hardware, there is a whole section on how to set up your system that is very informative. I just got a Matrox card off the internet for $150 to run 4 monitors, works like a champ.

Good luck!

#16     Aug 21, 2006
  7. thanks for the thread but i am already familiar with what to look for in a video card. I Need Help Finding a video card that is good for gaming and meets my budget. That is the problem all the one's that would be good for gaming are too expensive. if you or anyone knows of a good gaming card for around 150$ please get back too me.I'd be much obliged.

#18     Aug 21, 2006
  8. Be prepared to upgrade your existing Power Supply in your computer for the tremendous draw that a high-performance gaming card creates.

You would be surprised at how much power these video cards take from your Power Supply.

Do your homework.
    Otherwise, you will have a platform that consistently "freezes" and "crashes".

#19     Aug 22, 2006
  9. Landis, if I could ask, have you experienced these problems, ie. freezes and crashes with an underpowered power supply? I ask because ever since I went to a quad card from Matrox I have had intermittent video issues such as crashes and freezes. I have upgraded drivers and bios 3 times, but still have wierd things happening. How would one determine the correct power supply for replacement. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

TIA

Dan

#20     Aug 22, 2006