Video Cards and brightness settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sterling, Apr 8, 2006.

1. HI

I just bought a couple of new Samsung LCDS. I find these monitors way to bright. I have both the brightness and the contrast turned all the way down to zero and their still way to bright for office applications. Ive adjusted the gamma and the color intensity of both the monitor and the video card too. Im using a Matrox G550 video card. Do new video cards have additional controls for brightness and contrast? I have never used a television or monitor that u couldnt turn the brightness all the way down.

thanks

2. I'll take a shot at this one. A buddy of mine has a couple of Samsungs that were too bright for his taste also. After fiddling with the custom settings he decided to uninstall the MagicBright. The display was better, but still not what he was really after.

If you Google "Samsung LCD Too Bright" you'll find that you are not alone in that universe. Hope this helps. :)

3. I learned my lesson a long time ago.
    I will NEVER take a piece of equipment out of a store before checking its functionality. The store manager may think you are a pain in the neck, but most of the time they will comply - they love selling stuff. Otherwise, go to another store.
    This practice saved me from lots of aggravation.