Video Card Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boomer, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer

will this card run 2 monitors through dvi connections?

http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonhd2400/radeonhd2400pro/specs.html

the picture of the card only has 1 dvi connector with a vga connector, but it says it comes with "1 dual link dvi connector".
    is this a connector that allows you to connect 2 dvi monitors into the one dvi connector on the card?

thanks, I am not a techie....

2. JBTrade

JBTrade

I'm not sure about this specific card, but yes, many do allow you to attach two monitors to one port using a "Y" cable.

3. gnome

gnome

No. It allows you to connect TWO video cards into ONE monitor.

This card has a standard DVI port. Cards which run 2 monitors from one port have a DMS59 port.

4. Odgnut

Odgnut

I'm pretty sure you can run two DVI monitors on this assuming they are smaller than 30 inches (which require Dual link). I'm running the exact same video card right now with 2 monitors (1 DVI, 1 VGA) on a new Dell XPS 420 I bought. If you buy a VGA/DVI adapter I'm sure you can hook up a second DVI.

5. Yes you can run it with an adaptor but won't get any of the benefit of using the digital output I don't think.

I've just been through this and ended up getting the ATI HD 2600 XT which has dual DVI outputs on the back.

Good luck,

Warren

6. Odgnut

Odgnut

That's true...that's why I use the DVI connector on my main monitor and the vga connector for my secondary. I've switched between DVI and VGA on multiple video cards and have not noticed much of any difference in quality. Then again I don't do a lot of photo editing. For Trading...the 2400 works fine.