Video aptly showing why Banks are 'zombies' (propped up by lax regulation)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 5, 2009.

1. To complete on the loan, yes, they need to finish the project even if it has little chance of selling/leasing. There are still, quite a few unfinished projects, contrary to what Clubber Lang claims. Nothing like Miami or Vegas, as they are more scattered.

#11     Oct 6, 2009
  2. Sorry, but there just aren't any abandoned half finished projects anywhere around the New York area.

Please name one so I can see it for myself.

Not happening.

#12     Oct 6, 2009
  3. LOL, there is one across the street from me in Midtown that actually just recently got torn down. It was in half finished phase for at least 6 months, in obvious limbo.

Is it like Cali or Florida or Nevada in New York City, boroughs, Long Island & new Jersey? No, I never said it was. But for you to claim that there are no unfinished projects whatsoever that you have seen might be a signal for you to see an optometrist. Although I doubt an optometrist can help with denial blurring your vision.

#13     Oct 6, 2009
  4. I asked you to "name one". You still haven't.

You should see a shrink to help with your need to lie on an anonymous message board.

#14     Oct 6, 2009
  5. You want to name an unfinished project by what? Should I deliver you records from the city also? Would you like the lot number, along with a lien search? Maybe a historical account?
    Get a grip on reality.

It's a block away from the NY Library Business center. Just a dirt lot now.

#15     Oct 6, 2009
  6. All projects have a name-

"The Beacon", "Cassa NYC", "Sugarloaf lofts", "40 Central park", "One Brooklyn Bridge", "Ice House", etc

There isn't a single major development that doesn't have a NAME!!!

Maybe the two story teardown funded by some stupid condo flipper went under, but like I said, I haven't heard of a single major development that was abandoned halfway through in the NYC area.

Find one, please!!!!

#16     Oct 6, 2009
  7. So it's not a valid project unless it has a highly publicized name? As if, it does not really exist, even though foundation was being laid on the corner of the block with steel beams set in place & a crew which did maybe half the work before it went bust.

You know what you're right. There has not been even one abandoned project in the New York area in the last 2 years. None whatsoever. Everything is great, condos are still selling out like hotcakes, vacancy rates are sub 1% (especially in commercial) and construction is at full force, with local builders in demand so much that they have to turn down work (especially those projects without a spiffy name).

#17     Oct 6, 2009
  8. You completely disregared my whole post.

Done with this thread.

Good luck.

#18     Oct 6, 2009
  9. No I just think you're a delusional idiot who realized that he made a dumb absolute statement and tried to cover it up by focusing only on highly publicized name projects in NYC region.

If I had some respect for someone of your level of intelligence, I would take the time to look up the name of a couple West Side projects which got halted in 2008 about 75% into and were sitting for months with drapes over them. But then, if you had that minimum level of intelligence combined with your apparent interest in NYC real estate, you would have known about it, as well as the preceding bidding wars of the properties in the area.

#19     Oct 6, 2009
  10. You'll have to know the meaning of Fascism before you can begin an intelligent discussion.

But then again, republican fascists aren't exactly the most intelligent around. Except for their Straussian communist neocon intellegensia who also all happen to be foreign agents.

Didn't your kids tell you, stupid Geriatrics like you shouldn't be playing the markets?

#20     Oct 6, 2009