Video, ABC News, Global warming accelerating

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Arnie

Arnie

fc,

Lets assume you are right. Shouldn't we send our money to where it can do the most good? Most of our plants are 90% efficient, while those in developing countries are not. So wouldn't it make more sense to send our carbon tax money to places like China, India, countries in Africa, etc so we get the most bang for the buck? Assuming the goal is to reduce CO2 emmisions and given that we all breathe the same air.

#11     Jul 24, 2012
  2. Since you lambaste us in the US for essentially doing nothing.
    Refresh my memory what ARE YOU doing about it other than posting dire predictions on ET?

#12     Jul 24, 2012
  3. No. Our plants may be efficient but they still burn fossil fuels. If I were king I would ban new vehicles getting less than 35 MPG. instill strong building and HVAC standards and push nuclear power along with renewables. But my main thing is that first the people of the world and especially the deniers in the US need to get their heads out their rigid ideological asses look at the writing on the wall and smell the hot air outside. If we keep doing what we're doing mankind faces certain catastrophe.

#13     Jul 24, 2012