Victor Niederhoffer's Matador Fund is down 12% in 2006

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by richardyu301, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Steve

You are the one stalking me from thread to thread, and you are suggesting that I need a mental health practitioner? Black pot, meet black kettle.

This is a thread on VN. not me. If you want to stalk me, fine, stalk me, but do so via PM, NOT here.

Do allow the rest of those here that minor courtesy.

#51     Jul 23, 2006
  2. Dec 1100p on CME SPs

#52     Jul 23, 2006
  3. so far out?

#53     Jul 23, 2006
  4. All that vega and dG. Most of us learn relatively quickly that it doesn't pay to sell back month otm vega. Some of us never learn.

#54     Jul 23, 2006
  5. yeah, lets see at what rate those 1100 deltas begin to martingale in the next few weeks :D

#55     Jul 23, 2006
  6. Exactly.

And the only buffer the poor guy has is his capital cushion and the hope that most of his clients won't send notes to redeem funds. I figure he has at most, one more shot. If he gets hit here again (and I suggest we are headed for 1220 or so) then frankly he is history.

#56     Jul 23, 2006

7. You seem a little dis-oriented.

Perhaps the meds are kicking in.

I have posted in two (2) threads where you have appeared spouting your strange commentary. Apparently logic has failed you here and you resort to the "stalking" comment. Having to acknowledge your disorder must be quite a stress. Its not a problem for me to ignore it. I am sure the rest of us can do you that small favor as well until you get back on your feet.

Good luck with your treatment.

Steve

By the way, the subject of the thread is Neiderhoffer's impending collapse and retirement from fund management.

#57     Jul 23, 2006
  8. give me a break! ( apologies to john stossel) :) you are calling for VN's demise after he is down 12%, after 3 years of back to back returns of aprox 50%. that is a total joke!

vn's clients are well aware of the risk needed to achieve outsized returns. these are not mom and pop who dont understand what risk is all about.

when you are up big, and your studies/ research support your decision--that is the time to push it to the wall. of course you can be wrong, as VN was--- he risked giving back his profits-- and barely tapped into his core capital level for the year--not even mentioning the outsized historic record for this fund.

2 months out of 12 means little to nothing at this point, let's continue this conversation at the end of the year. Otherwise, its pure trash talk from flamers who have little to no idea exactly what the "plan" entails.

best,

surf

#58     Jul 23, 2006
  9. It is precisely because they are aware of the risks, that they are keeping Victor on a tight leash. People with funds to place, and those with obligations to their clients are often willing to risk a little bit with an eccentric like Neiderhoofer :D , however if/when they see him revert back to his old tricks, it is a simple thing to remove the punch bowl and that (I predict) is what will happen in the next few months if the poor old guy gets hit again.

Basically its over.

Steve

Edit:

By the way, funny bit you did there on the "SurfRevolt" with your alias. "WHO ARE YOU STRANGER? YOU SEEM ODDLY FAMILIAR"
    Yep, that should fool everyone. Hey its no problem, I figure you just needed a little applause and if your not going to get it from the peanut gallery, why not manufacture it yourself. :D

#59     Jul 23, 2006
  10. Surf - the above implies that YOU KNOW what the PLAN entails ? One of the issues that has surfaced is whether or not VN has been doing naked put selling again, or has he learned his lesson and converted to credit spreads ?

#60     Jul 23, 2006