Victor Niederhoffer in Vogue Magazine??

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surf still has egg all over his face from his Baghdad Bob routine on the thread Pabst started almost 2 years ago. Surf's "information" is nothing more than a combination of empty cliche's and unsubstantiated hype.

#161     Sep 22, 2009
  2. BTW I'm given to understand, via an offline note, that Surf is currently locked out of e'trader -- "they blocked my IP completely so i can't even read it without a proxy" -- thus unable to contribute further to the thread...

#162     Sep 22, 2009
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is reasonable to believe that Vic has better info about his own performance before 1980 than Surf. :)

The whole discussion heated up when we questioned Galt's comment of "my dad made 50 million from 50K" we asked, why we never heard of this? Then someone pointed out a quote from Vic's book showing a supposedly huge return trade, and when I did look into it I found that that trade was a hedged one with a sizeable loss included.

Don't you read the freaking thread?

Now again, it is possible that Vic wealth went up to 50 million, but my assumption is that this included management fees and such, not just trading his own account,as Surf suggested.

By the way Galt in the article isn't clear and there seems to be a jump of 15 years between 2 sentences....

#163     Sep 22, 2009
  4. further? LOL

#164     Sep 22, 2009
  5. An update - email from E'trader, fwd'd by Surf -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    Subject: Re: banned?
    To: dave g <############@gmail.com>

Yes, you were banned, but I do not know who did or for what reason.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    Joe A.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/
    #######@elitetrader.com

#165     Sep 22, 2009
  6. Jeez Surf...You do remember that this disciple of VN (by way of PTJ?), The Great One, blew out his fund too?

#166     Sep 22, 2009
  7. It's about time.

ET made a mistake by defending smurf while censoring and deleting posts to protect him after he was caught lying about C2.

Smurf is no trader, and should not be allowed on this site.

#167     Sep 22, 2009
  8. lol

#168     Sep 23, 2009
  9. stereo70

stereo70

By way of Monroe Trout, I think.

#169     Sep 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.