Vicious thrusts and fakes in NQ this week

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by LT701, Nov 22, 2006.

1. LT701

LT701

kind of a wild ride

2. Historically a normal November in comparison to all the past November's...

So far.

Typical characteristics of low volatility.

Mark

3. Buy Signals everyday in a defined uptrend.

It actually trades better than the ES, and YM trades smoother.

4. jem

jem

yeah there are a million buy signals everyday in an uptrend. In fact the old saying is every sell signal is really a buy signal in an uptrend.

The question is did you take them and make money with them.

5. duard

duard

Interestingly that up probe got spanked hard but with the uptrend intact it was again a short term buy signal although this uptrend is 90 years old in human years.

As for volatility maybe DX but not NDX.

6. NQ comes down on volume....

they walk it right back up on not even 1/4 of the vol we went down!!

nice

NO RISK

7. LOL, so true! :D

I couldn't believe it was still going on 3 weeks ago ... good thing I just don't bother trying to trade against the trend anymore.

JJ

8. mtwokay

mtwokay

Stop it with all the NQ hype! You're attracting all the ER2 players and I'm left trading against myself, or......maybe it's time for me to make the jump.

I've spent so much time on ER2 I almost feel guilty jumping over to NQ. I don't know if it's me or the market but the nature of ER2 seems to have changed over the last 6 months. I used to bag 2 points in a heartbeat but now it's taking 30 min and i have to wade through all the freakin noise to get there.

But when I look at NQ, who could ask for a smoother market? It's like taking candy from a baby.

Are there any ER2 jumpers out there with insight on moving to NQ? Has the nature of NQ changed recently? Is it better or worse than ER2, or should I just jump in and join the NQ party?

9. Don't know where you get your calculations from but it took approx 14 bars of 377 ticks to go down and 16 bars to get back up and it ain't even where the high was before and it is going pretty slow........

The last few days the market could nicely be traded both up and down. IMHO there is no longer any trend in place but then again a trend does not exists does it? (or how does one measure a trend, hmmm, well, ..... that is the xx Billion $ question...)

Maria

10. yep

#10     Nov 22, 2006