Vicious and Idiotic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, May 11, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Insightful post.

#21     May 12, 2012
  2. Tom B

Tom B

+1

Excellent post.

#22     May 12, 2012
  3. It happened over 40 years ago. It's not relevant to me.

If you can provide evidence of recent incidents I would reconsider my opinion.

#23     May 12, 2012
  4. Obama's lackeys have posted an enemies list of big donors to Romney or Romney supporting PACs. The idea is to intimidate people form participating in the campaign. Big donors are assailed as somehow unAmerican, anti-gay etc, all of which can have consequences for people running businesses. Of course, there is the unspoken threat of IRS attacks, etc. Look what happened to Sheriff Joe in Arizona. A virtually unprecedented Justice Department attack because his deputies round up illegals. Meanwhile, the New Black Panthers issue more threats and the Department of Justice couldn't care less.

To me, this type of chicago-style goon politics is what I call vicious, not some schoolboy idiocies decades ago.

#24     May 12, 2012
  5. Anything to keep the focus off of Obama and the economy.

Desperation has set in, deep.

It's a pure joy to witness.

#25     May 12, 2012
    #26     May 12, 2012
  7. Don't count on it. Obama is one of the most secretive Presidents in history.

=========================

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/31/opinion/la-ed-secrets-20111031

Los Angeles Times Editorial (10/31/2011): Obama's secrets

One of the most disappointing attributes of the Obama administration has been its proclivity for secrecy. The president who committed himself to "an unprecedented level of openness in government" has followed the example of his predecessor by invoking the "state secrets" privilege to derail litigation about government misdeeds in the war on terror. He has refused to release the administration's secret interpretation of the Patriot Act, which two senators have described as alarming. He has blocked the dissemination of photographs documenting the abuse of prisoners by U.S. service members. And now his Justice Department has proposed to allow government agencies to lie about the existence of documents being sought under the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA.

At present, if the government doesn't want to admit the existence of a document it believes to be exempt from FOIA, it may advise the person making the request that it can neither confirm nor deny the document's existence. Under the proposed regulation, an agency that withholds a document "will respond to the request as if the excluded records did not exist."

This policy is outrageous. It provides a license for the government to lie to its own people and makes a mockery of FOIA. It also would mislead citizens who might file an appeal if they knew there was a possibility that the document they sought was in the possession of a government agency. Such an appeal would allow a court to determine whether the requested document was covered by an exemption in FOIA.

#27     May 12, 2012
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Secrecy in government is a very nasty thing. It has led to the squandering of vast sums of money and the death of thousands for no good reason. In the past, Senator Moynihan worked tirelessly to end excessive secrecy in government and reduce the number of classified documents produced and expose the horrible errors made because of government secrecy. In spite of his efforts relatively little came of them, and what was accomplished has largely been undone by recent administrations.

#28     May 12, 2012
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Logic suggests that corruption and the level of secrecy should be highly correlated.

#29     May 14, 2012
  10. I don't know about other schools but what he did is not something that ever happened at my school (public) . What he did was pretty damn cruel and would definately qualify him as being one the biggest bullies in almost any school, then and now.

So even at a young age, it was obvious Mitt was no bleeding heart liberal.

"Mitt Romney has been forced to apologize today for forcibly shaving the head of a high school classmate who was regularly taunted for being gay.

The Republican presidential candidate grabbed tearful John Lauber and hacked away with a pair of scissors because he thought his bleached blond hair was ‘wrong’.

Mr Romney also supposedly mocked another student who was a closeted gay by shouting ‘Atta girl!’ when he tried to speak in class.

“He can’t look like that. That’s wrong. Just look at him!” an incensed Romney told Matthew Friedemann, his close friend in the Stevens Hall dorm, according to Friedemann’s recollection.

A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground.

As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another.

“It happened very quickly, and to this day it troubles me,” said Buford, the school’s wrestling champion, who said he joined Romney in restraining Lauber. Buford subsequently apologized to Lauber, who was “terrified,” he said. “What a senseless, stupid, idiotic thing to do.”

“It was a hack job,” recalled Maxwell, a childhood friend of Romney who was in the dorm room when the incident occurred. “It was vicious.”

The incident transpired in a flash, and Friedemann said Romney then led his cheering schoolmates back to his bay-windowed room in Stevens Hall."

#30     May 14, 2012