Vic Sperandeo

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Maverick1, Apr 21, 2003.

1. opw

opw

What link?

#11     Apr 22, 2003
  2. smoove

smoove

I did call him when i was new to the biz and he actually called me right back. very nice guy. he in fact had just moved down to texas and was asking me if i wanted to work the overnight trading desk down there. probally should have.

#12     Apr 22, 2003
  3. if you had a chance to work on a trading desk and you didn't then you REEEEALLLLY messed up. I think he is the real deal, no puffery, no showmanship, awe inspiring track record of consistent success.

#13     Apr 22, 2003
  4. smoove

smoove

No regrets though. Cant worry about what we didnt or did do. I was recently out of school,new in the biz and had just started at the firm and had zero interest in moving to texas at the time.

#14     Apr 22, 2003
  5. opw

opw

Is he really still around? I read somewhere that he died of a heart attack but can not find that anymore and another site http://members.tripod.com/~fglinc/featarchive2.htm
    says:

Just gossip?

#15     Apr 22, 2003
  6. Maverick1

Maverick1

That sounds far fetched and like babble to me.

Mav.

#16     Apr 22, 2003
  7. opw

opw

That is what I thought, but the funny thing is there are no recent interviews with him. At least I have not seen them.

Does anybody know more?

#17     Apr 22, 2003
  8. smoove

smoove

Well if the one guy called and the receptionist said try back again, i assume he is kicking. He is not an old guy by any means, so i would think he is still playing poker and trading away.

#18     Apr 22, 2003
  9. Maverick1

Maverick1

Trader Vic's respect for risk is something I have always admired and tried to learn from. As many have already said, his two trading books are packed with extremely valuable ideas. I constantly go back to them and reread certain sections. One of his technical indicators is worth a LOT of money...if you truly understand it. Also, having studied Economics, I understand completely his frustration with the mainstream hogwash out there.

I would be really surprised if he is not trading anymore because unlike another guy called Vic, he is not light years away from the 'i'm so good I'm gonna bet the ranch' attitude and blow up.

Maybe we could start a discussion of Trader Vic's technical ideas?

Maverick

#19     Apr 22, 2003
  10. Banjo

Banjo

#20     Apr 22, 2003