Vevtorvest - any good?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Saltynuts, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Got a advertisement from them in the mail. Apparently don't just picks stocks, but also have tools, including backtesdting tools. Anybody use the service or know anything about them? I've seen them around over the years.

2. iprph90

iprph90

Vectorvest?? Take the free trial....and judge for yourself.

3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

This is the first thing that comes to mind with what I call red light/green light services...

Blown away or blow up??

Good luck.

4. deaddog

deaddog

Excellent data base. But expensive. Worth the inexpensive trial period to try it out.

Couple thing that bothered me were that the EPS are forecasted not actual and the buy sell signals are based on 13 day moving average.

Great back testing tool.

I used it for a couple years but dropped it because of price. I am more a technical trader and didn't need the fundamental data.

5. In general I like VectorVest.....I've gotten their 1 month trial several times but never committed to an on-going subscription.

As mentioned their database is very good for both US and Canadian stocks. I like their methodology in terms of market sentiment and they have some very good user groups and on-going training.

There are a few reasons I never got the subscription:

1) There's no way to export data from their tool for me to do my own data analysis
    2) It's expensive
    3) Their backtesting tool is terrible - it doesn't include delisted data so there is huge survivorship bias