Very unusual polling #'s discovered!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vinny Gigante, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Find it most unusual that this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13371

had only 300 views, but 50+ votes to the polling question.
    A 1 in 6 ratio of views to votes.

But this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13384

had over 3500 views and only about 40 votes.
    A 1 in 90 ratio of views to votes.

A statistical imposibility! Now let's see the possible answer to this mystery. Babak is the moderator of the 1st thread, but isn't the moderator of the 2nd thread. Wonder if moderators can "doctor" poll results in their favor?? Looks like they can! Just look at the question that appears to have padded answers!

2. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

You are paranoid.

The response to the polling question depends on the question.
    Some people only answer polling questions that interest them.

Good Trading!

3. kowboy

kowboy

The reason is nobody cares about shortboy.com but a lot of us care about the censorship issue

4. I think both of you are wrong.

No one cars about shortboy.com? then why over 3600 views on the thread?

I believe the poll moderated by babak was doctored. You want to prove me wrong? Show me A SINGLE other poll anywhere on THIS site that has a ratio of ONLY 6 views to 1 vote.

There are none.

I rest my case.

5. SO YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT IF 1000 PEOPLE READ A POLL AND ONLY ONE VOTES THAT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, MAN YOURE A FUCKING MORON !

6. Since I know I am dealing with a high class individual here, I will say, SHOW ME one single example where 1,000 people looked at a poll, but only 1-10 people voted. It's not possible.

I know you're a person of class, so just show me a single example, and you've proved your point.

7. OK ASSHOLE , IF I MADE A POLL ON ET THAT SAID : WHO ARE U ? AND THE CHOICES READ

A) I AM GAY
    B) I AM A FAG
    C) I AM BISEXUAL
    D) ALL OF THE ABOVE

I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD ''VIEW'' THE THREAD BUT ONLY MAYBE 1 OR 2 PEOPLE WOULD VOTE. ONE OF THEM DEFINETLY WOULD BE YOU !!!!!

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE READ THE POLL DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO VOTE... MAINLY BECAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY DUMB ASS POLLS LIKE YOURS !!

SO TRY AGAIN LOSER !! AND STOP YA WHINNING ?

8. HEY VINNY ! YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE ? :D :D

9. I guess you're no rocket scientist. But you are a man of class.

So I say, you missed the point, the poll in question is controlled by babak, anbd in that poll, there was a 5 to 1 view to vote ratio. This IS STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

Just show me 1 example of another poll where there was a 5 to 1 view to vote ratio, and that'll be proof that babak didn't doctor the poll.

I honored you spent most of your "26" posts on me! Im flattered!

10. SOMEONE GET IN HERE AND HELP THIS CLUCKER !!!!

YOU TELLING ME THAT ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR 5 PEOPLE TO VIEW A POLL AND ONLY 1 VOTE ? LOL LOL DAMN U YOU ARE REALLY DUMB MAN. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS !!!!!

THE BOTTOM LINE IS... STATISTICS MY ASS. YOU NEED TO FURTHER PROVE YOUR POINT BECAUSE YOU LOOK VERY STUPID !!!

ITS NO RULE THAT IF 5 HUMANS LOOK AT A POLL THAT MORE THAN 1 HAVE TO VOTE !!! MAYBE THEY ARE JUST READING TO SEE WHAT ITS ABOUT AND DONT CARE TO VOTE. THAT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE, BUT YOU MAKING SOME SENSE SEEMS VERY IMPOSSIBLE !!!

#10     Feb 5, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.