Very scarce Darvas book

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DTraderNic, Oct 14, 2005.

1. DTrader... $495 is over the top alright but check back there every once in a while. Abebooks has more depth than Ebay and, who knows, in a week it could be on that site for $20.

#11     Oct 14, 2005
  2. Maybe it's time for a new print of the book? (I have never heard about it before now).

#12     Oct 16, 2005
  3. NYC public library if all else fails. For $495 savings, you could fly to NYC, spend the day reading the book and fly back in the evening

#13     Oct 16, 2005
  4. To the original poster: just take advantage of an interlibrary loan. What's the big deal? It's not exactly a 16th-century Guttenberg manuscript. :cool:

If it's an American book published in 1971, many US libraries will have it. See your local, friendly librarian... quest over. No flying necessary. Good luck.

#14     Oct 18, 2005
  5. #15     Dec 3, 2008
  6. #16     Dec 3, 2008
  7. #17     Dec 3, 2008
  8. Do you want us to wax the car too? How about helping you tie your shoes?

Man, do you realize how you sound?

108 pages, roughly 1 hour of my time. Yeah, I'll get right on it.

By the way, stating that the price of the book in 1971 was 5.95 doesn't mean what you think it means and tells us everything we need to know.

#18     Dec 3, 2008
  9. Can you describe the system? Is the system different from the method described in the "How I made 2 Million Dollars In The Stock Market" book?

#19     Dec 3, 2008
  10. gaj

gaj

OTC book isn't useful unless you're trading true OTCs that are very liquid. the stocks that were OTCs which he traded then would be liquid stocks on the nasdaq now. no use hunting it out.

you can still make it in the market is moderately useful, since it shows that sectors can work even when the market is in bear mode, and he comes up with darvas boxes, which isn't anything new but a prettier way to display the ideas from his first book. good for a quick read, that's it.

i didn't care for his self-help book, maybe some people would but it didn't do anything forme.

#20     Dec 3, 2008