Very poor service at Trademaven

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 123r34, Jun 5, 2006.

1. 123r34

123r34

PFG had some severe lag problems whenever the volume would take off. One day about 2 months ago after an announcement it was behind by 8 points for several minutes and then once the bars got right the price was still wrong. They appear to have got this fixed in the last month as they sent out a notice saying they had beefed up their equipment and so far it has been good.

#11     Jun 6, 2006
  2. traderb

traderb

I too was a customer with TM for nearly 18 months but had to leave at the end of February for all the reasons mentioned above. I ended up using Ninja through IB. It offers many of the same features and in some ways is even better than TM.

#12     Jun 6, 2006
  3. tango29

tango29

This is interesting, as I recieved an unsolicted call from a "customer" of Traders International who in the course of our conversation also said all the problems TradeMaven had were Transacts fault. He mentioned that Transact operated out of a basement of one of the owners. I haven't had extended problems with Transact since they parted ways with TM, but oddly TM is still having problems.

#13     Jun 6, 2006
  4. Volente -

I experienced that same problem as 123r34 on that Fed announcement day. When checking with PFG about it, they said that they would upgrade their servers the following weekend, which they apparently did, since I haven't seen that problem since then.

When I was switching from Transact to PFG, I actually had two TM DOMs open side by side (one with the Transact feed and one with the PFG feed) for a couple days. I could notice a fraction of a second slower speed on the PFG feed. However, this very slight speed difference hasn't meant any difference to me in trades that I can see.

Sandy

#14     Jun 6, 2006
  5. Why did TM leave Transact?

Is Transact still good?

#15     Jun 6, 2006
  6. tango29

tango29

Transact has been fine for me since parting ways with TM.

#16     Jun 6, 2006
  7. What about Transact running on TradeNavigator ?

#17     Jun 6, 2006
  8. teeno11

teeno11

I solved my problem by using Ninja and Zen-Fire. I know what I am getting and that is a quality product. Tried so many systems so many brokers...finally happy.

#18     Jun 6, 2006
  9. sandygray66-
    What's your opinion of the charts/indicators with the PFG BestDirectFast? I've been using this platform for the past 6 months and I'm ready to switch to IB and Sierra. I like the ease of order entry and the ease of amending orders but the charts/indicators leave a little to be desired. Any thoughts?
    MiniDowTrader

#19     Jun 6, 2006
  10. Patrickz

Patrickz

Transact operates out of the CBOT Building at Lasalle and Jackson in Chicago. Amazing that someone would say what they said.

#20     Jun 6, 2006