Very pleased with Open-E-Cry and Esignal

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by olero, Jun 27, 2005.

1. so you can't have a 5 day 60 min. chart for example (regular trading hours only)?
    there should be a way to do that ...

#21     Jul 2, 2005
  2. olero

olero

I tried to use the symbol AB #F but it isn't in the Pats data base. At present I only see U5 and the Dec contract.

It doesn't recognize the forward month symbol.

#22     Jul 2, 2005
  3. olero

olero

I ask Justin at OEC about this and this was Esignals repley "The other questions will be answered by eSignal shortly".

All is all I know for now.

#23     Jul 2, 2005
  4. AGC is just a very basic charting program. I would rather pay the extra cash for a better charting program and a second realtime feed. OEC has been experiencing problems lately anyway.

Rok

#24     Jul 2, 2005
  5. can you get intraday data in 120 min. or 240 min. bars ? I am trying to find out >

#25     Jul 6, 2005
  6. Olefo, what's offered in eSignal EOD? Does it offer 1-minute data for all exchanges including futures? How long is the back-fill period?

#26     Jul 6, 2005
  7. to answer a previous Q, the front end on OEC is diverse. You have a few choices, all in house and free. I use the DOM screen which is like a toned down X trader. very easy and efficient. I love it. You can't automate much with it, but it still works well.

I also won't be leaving OEC anytime soon. Best broker I've had in many years of trading.

Jay

#27     Jul 6, 2005
  8. Adv_GET_Brent

Adv_GET_Brent Guest

Hi Everyone,

Here's some clarification. Please PM/email me directly if you have any questions or comments.

Advanced GET is a product line from eSignal, that provides a wide range of products to address various feature/budget needs.

The product discussed in this thread is Advanced GET Charts ("AGC"), which is a $29/mo charting application that supports ~30 technical indicators, studies and drawing tools.
    We developed an interface into AGC so users could have a reasonably priced charting application that used their existing data feed (like patsystems), with intraday/historical data provided by eSignal - resulting in no additional exchange fees.

Hope that helps clarify. Again, please PM/email me if you have additional questions or comments, or visit either:
    1. Advanced GET Charts
    http://www.esignal.com/advancedget/getcharts/default.asp

2. The entire Advanced GET product line:
    http://www.advancedget.com

Thanks,

Brent
    Advanced GET Product Management

#28     Jul 7, 2005
  9. well it still doesn't answer my questions:

1) To get Advanced GET charts to work, do I need to subscribe to a data fee provider (ex: eSignal EOD ) as one eSignal representative has told me ?

2)what intraday periods are available ?

#29     Jul 8, 2005
  10. Adv_GET_Brent

Adv_GET_Brent Guest

Hi Kicking

Yes, you'll need a data source to get AGC to work, of which are several options:
    1. If you have an existing, supported data feed, like pats, REDI, etc., you can use it to power AGC (which eliminates additional exchange fees).
    2. If you don't have an existing, supported data feed, you can:
    a. Open an account at one of the providers.
    b. Subscribe to eSignal data.

The intraday periods that are available in the charts are 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 mins.

If you have any detailed questions, send me a PM or email and I can give you a call.

Thanks,

Brent
    Advanced GET Product Management

#30     Jul 11, 2005