Very pleased with Open-E-Cry and Esignal

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by olero, Jun 27, 2005.

1. olero

olero

I also wanted to say Justin at Open-E-Cry helped this computer illiterate set it up because it wasn't completely ready to go at the time. And I had a question that Open-E-Cry (Justin) didn't have an answer for. Then Justin called me back the next day with the answer.

And if you call them a real person answers the phone without wading through some menu. This is something rare for this automated generation.

#11     Jun 30, 2005
  2. 168

olero

which trading platform you are using for the e-mini ? and if it's j-trader , do you have problem whih it ? because i'm using j-trader with global futures right now , and it's pretty good , just the rate is higher than open e cry .

thanks

#12     Jun 30, 2005
  3. olero

olero

I had a 40 year veteran trader (gb007) tell me that unless you are trading more than 5 contract, I don't need a front end. So I just use the free one that comes with Open-E-Cry.

I don't have any experience with using a fancy front end.
    :)

Sorry, I can't help here.

#13     Jun 30, 2005
  4. yeah,

Justin is good people....

#14     Jun 30, 2005
  5. omniscient

omniscient Guest

i've been using OEC for a little over a year and don't plan on switching any time soon. they will negotiate commissions and they have no platform fee. like russ said, when you call you get a real person. you can trade all hours. you trade just about anything there is - bigs, minis, pit contracts, and so forth. and for anyone needing more platform interface options, you can use Ninjatrader with OEC. i don't, so i can't give any feedback on how to do it or how well it works.

also, fyi for anyone who uses them or is considering using OEC ... lately they have had random bouts with problematic quotes (lagging, frozen, etc). it is rare, but when in a trade it is no fun. well, they are completely updating / overhauling their quotes system by November 2005. the crew at OEC is pretty psyched about it, as i'm sure the customers will be too :D

take care and gtty -

omni

#15     Jun 30, 2005
  6. OEC good overall. Not a daytrading platform.

Advanced Get Charts is OK but very limiting. I pay $45 (+ exchange fees) for basic esignal which is the same as Advanced Get Charts but I can use my data feed with any other product I want.

AGC is very limited in my opinion.
    Rok

#16     Jun 30, 2005
  7. i'm not sure what it is you have..??
    are you somehow getting data feed from OEC?

cuz..ima OEC user as well..
    thx

#17     Jul 1, 2005
  8. what do you mean by limiting? I read Tahoe charts was buggy back in 2004, still the case? if it's good why would anyone still pay for eSignal's more expensive packages? If I understand correctly you have the eSignal charting package and EOD data and can backfill and update data in real time connecting to your broker? All this for $ 30? Who needs anything else except for backup?

#18     Jul 2, 2005
  9. olero

olero

The only thing I don't like about Advanced Get Charts is that you can't display only the market hours data. The before/after market hours data will mess up any indicators that you may be using.

But if you are only trading based on price/volume/candlesticks or EOD, it does fine. If you are trading with indicators, it isn't to good. IMO

Russ

#19     Jul 2, 2005
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

have you try =2 for market hour only for example es #f=2

#20     Jul 2, 2005