Very frustrated by the Series 56 Material

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kmgilroy89, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I'm a new trader, but I'm very frustrated by the Series 56 material. The Pass Perfect is 400 pages of which maybe 200 is content, where I could probably read and come up with 25+ facts per page. I have no clue how to decipher what I need to know and what I don't need to know. I have to read each page in detail with good focus several times in order to learn everything since each detail might be on the test. I feel like this will take hundreds of hours. There's got to be a better way right?

Also whenever I start reading I have no clue as to what's being retained. I just read the first page of the Pass Perfect Section 1 30 minutes ago and I don't even remember what's on it. I also have trouble focusing. I'm not sure if that's ADHD or I just mind the material very dry and boring.

In college I never had this problem. Though I never actually read through an entire book either. I only used books as references.

2. The 56 material is even more useless and boring then the series 7. Makes the 7 material look like an action movie:mad:

3. The 7 was so boring and awful. It sucked up a month of my life and I've now since forgotten most of it. :-( I know nothing about muni bonds and syndicates anymore.

4. Should try the series 52 more useless then the rest, and probably tougher to past then SEAL school. I highly recommend it if your having trouble sleeping:)

5. I have to take the Series 56. That is not an option. Believe me, if I could take the 7, 55, 52, 63, 846, or -5.56364 I would. I just want to make the material more concise instead of spending hundreds of hours learning everything in the Pass Perfect.

6. what the series 56 for again (broker, RIA ?) and whats the content ?
    it should be no different than college. Maybe write summaries of each page, read the full material a few times at the beach then restudy the summaries of each chapter. btw anyone can compare FINRA series vs CFA charter 3exams ?