Very disappointed with Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/02/outrageous-fox-dirty-tricks-attempt-to.html

normally i'm a fox fan but this is a horrible display of misdirection and crap.

the only plausible reason apart from sheer deceptive intent i can think of would be if they simply didnt have a clip and were rushed to put one on, and had to pull the old one instead. but if that were the case, they should have mentioned that he won it two years in a row and they didnt have the most recent yet.

to comment about the booing even further discredits the show.

boo on you, fox news.

2. Wow man... I don't know what to say... holyfuckingshit unreal... This goes to show you how much everyone needs to register republican and vote for him in the primaries. When fox is trying to stab a republican in the back.... wow, just wow...

3. pspr

pspr

I don't see what your problem is with the report. It seems the crowd didn't like the poll results and Ron Paul was given an opportunity to react or answer to the video. Seems fair to me. Just reporting what happened. Are you trying to say the booing didn't occur during the announcement and Fox made it up or what?

The fact of the matter is that CPAC is mostly young voters and college students who always think there is a better way and mostly vote for the most radical of the candidates, charisma aside. Nothing unexpected there.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Honestly I think it was just a sloppy mistake in their editing dept. I see all cable news channels make mistakes like this and I think it's much ado about nothing. FWIW, Ron Paul usually gets booed heavily at Republican events as there are many people in the party that want to elect a viable candidate. This happens with Dennis Kucinich as well on the left. I think this story really got blown way out of proportion.

5. Seems young people, regardless of political leanings, are more focused upon what they can "get from the government" rather than their freedoms. Likely a result of the Libtard brain washing given them by their college professors.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i think you need to watch the whole video. the booing that you're claiming occurred didn't happen in 2011. it happened in 2010 and fox showed it as happening in 2011. then the commentator questioned paul on the fact he was booed. the real reaction is at the end of the video in the 2011 version that fox didnt show. it's only cheering.

7. orl

orl

You undertand, of course, that they played the clip from the 2010 CPAC conference, not the one in 2011. So it is "reporting what happened", in 2010.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PgTKHozcFLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

sloppy mistake or not, the commentary even went along as if it were 2011 video. total deception.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, I can't stand cable news. But having friends that work in the business, they tell me this shit happens all the time. There is no conspiracy. Just sloppy work. Cable news does this every day, it just only gets picked up when it's about something important. The host didn't have a clue. Why do you think he is working the day shift.

10. pspr

pspr

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, that is bad reporting. I doubt that it was done intentionally but they really better correct themselves on-air to be fair.

BTW, here is the email to contact the reporter, Bill Hemer at the show where it aired if you want to complain. I haven't seen a retraction or correction from them yet.

americasnewsroom@foxnews.com

#10     Feb 17, 2011