Very Bullish Board, down day.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I think that going forward just outright buying will not have the same profitablility as it has had.

2. If you look at the Dow since July when it was going lower there were 2 pops, the UK terror run which was 4 sizable up days then lots of struggle with no new upside. Then comes the Katrina pop, 3 decent up days then more what I see as distribution turning to weakness. How weak I do not know, there has not been any heavy program selling this week on the days we went lower.

3. i think i announced the low for the day, but who knows its all based on oil now.

4. Babak

Babak

ayk, please keep posting your thoughts on the market. I find them very enlightening. Thanks.

5. i dont predict every 2-4 minute interval, sorry. if i tried to post those it would be very enlightening indeed.

my thread was posted as a general observation, you can salvage it on up days, but also please give me proper credit when the markets weaken considerably.

6. It's just like March and April all over again. Since every bear has pretty much been knocked sideways by all the sharp quick ramps in the past two years, the majority become bulls by default. Any sharp selloff, ITS BULLISH. Any minor selloff, ITS BULLISH. Sentiment gets a tad extreme, ITS BULLISH. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, yep ALL BULLISH. Housing stocks declining, retailers declining, etc, etc, etc. Talk about psychological conditioning.

7. true. thats always the case.

People tend to extract and extrapolate the past and put in on the future.

When i ask people in the business all they see is the past 2 years being what will happen going forward. Dangerous, but so far lucky this year.

8. Hey, what do you expect?
    The PPT has been working overtime the past few years!

:D