VERY bad feeling about today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YMsystemtrader, Nov 6, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

seems the nasdaq is still running on 2 stocks

GOOGLE and APPLE

I have no clue how high and how far these 2 stocks can run, but you have to understand that the impressive gains are coming from 2 stocks in the NDX 100. Eventually they do get tired.

:eek: :p :eek: :p

#41     Nov 6, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

:p

#42     Nov 6, 2007
  3. Not sure what information you base your statement on but I tend to stick with the facts:

Third-quarter growth remains strong thus far and has held above double digits for the past week. The median company has reported growth of 11.1%. The surprise ratio is at 2.73:1 and the median surprise is just under 3%. At last report, these three metrics stood at 11.8%, 2.68:1, and 3% respectively. Every sector currently boasts more positive surprises than negatives and the surprise ratio has continued its steady rise over the past week.

From Zacks.com http://www.zacks.com/newsroom/commentary/?id=6247&ref=ZFEED5

#43     Nov 6, 2007
  4. Um but the Dow and Spooz were also up a lot today. RIMM, CISCO, INTEL, DELL, and many other high tech big caps are also moving the markets higher.

This is a repeat of the 1998-2000 rally but without the big selloff or the super high PE ratios or the unprifitable business models.

We're in a second tech boom. There is no denying that.

#44     Nov 6, 2007
  5. Nice! You made money, despite your horrendous call :D

#45     Nov 6, 2007
  6. if i can make that horrendous call every am and make 80 YM points... color me stupid and im makin another one tomorrow!:)

#46     Nov 6, 2007
  7. Right on! :D

#47     Nov 6, 2007
  8. Bowgett

Bowgett

If we are talking about facts: http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf/xls/index/SP500EPSEST.XLS

Zacks uses median earnings when they should use weighted because s&p is weighted index.

#48     Nov 6, 2007
  9. OMG!

Is this BlueStreak? Please tell us that is you!!! WE ARE GOING TO BE RICH!!!!

Just kidding.

Good trading to all. :cool:

#49     Nov 6, 2007

10. where are the haters now? I TOLD YOU i had a BAD Feeling yesterday! maybe you'll listen next time

#50     Nov 7, 2007