VERY bad feeling about today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YMsystemtrader, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ron2368

ron2368

This so funny, the market is never going to go down, ok maybe a day here or there, but during this rate lowering, dollar dropping credit crunch no one will be selling. I dont understand it, but why go against the flow.

#32     Nov 6, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I forgot a housing recession, slower spending by the consumer, commodity prices going through the roof, oil at 95+, inflation still not tame, credit card debt in the hundred of billions of dollars, corporate profits slowing etc etc doesnt have any impact on this economy. So just keep buying stocks as the bull continues the run.

#33     Nov 6, 2007
  3. gobar

gobar

stock is going up because ben speaks on Thursday...

every time there is a fed speak esp ben...stock tend to move higher...

wait and see PPI and CPI numbers because they are going to pull the market down....14th nov and 15th nov

#34     Nov 6, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

A look at past market manias shows that bubbles usually tend to peak when average stock prices reach the level of 50 to 60 times projected earnings for the coming year. At least by this measure — the price/earnings or P/E ratio — China’s domestic stock market is not in bubble territory yet, with its P/E ratio at about 35.

The odds, then, favour a continuation of the broad bull market in stocks, with the fast-growing emerging markets leading the way. The feeling of impending collapse will make way for an ever-rising sense of comfort with higher stock prices. But currently the markets are still some distance away from such a point. If history is any guide, the time to be truly concerned about a bear market will be when central banks have little option but to raise rates to ward off inflation, even if economies are slowing. We’re not there yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yep were not there yet, reminds me of articles that I was reading in 1999-2000.

The bear ALWAYS makes its way to wallstreet, remember that.

#35     Nov 6, 2007

5. LOL not gonna happen

Market rallies on econ data because the targets are low and even if it misses thats still OK because it increases odds of a rate cut. The market has almost never sold off on econ data. The last time it did selloff a lot on data was sometime in September.

#36     Nov 6, 2007
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Do you know if it is possible to leverage ES 20x back in 1998? Perhaps everyone is just more leveraged...

:confused:

#37     Nov 6, 2007
  7. not a bad day for me at all.. +400 YM points stopped on rest at BE

#38     Nov 6, 2007
  8. Don't worry, they will just make up some great numbers.

Growth is 4.1% and inflation is 0.2%.

See how easy it is.

#39     Nov 6, 2007
  9. I hope by then I will have cashed out and be retiring with my huge gains.

#40     Nov 6, 2007