Very active night for futures: TOS quotes down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trefoil, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Pathetic.
    I swear these guys seem unable to handle market stress.

2. hitnrun

hitnrun

if your trading futures better off going with a futures broker for platform stability

tos seems to have dropped the ball

3. Yeah well some of us are spooked by the MF disaster, and not really willing to go to someone less well capitalized at this point.
    Anyhoo, TF and DX seem to be coming through. Nothing on anything else.

4. Execution is still working, just quote feed that died...

Shit like this happens with every broker.. nearly every professional trader I know (at my firm and personally) have a 2nd source for quotes for this very reason.

5. gmst

gmst

switch to IB.

6. hitnrun

hitnrun

you act like your risking millions in your account . geez

trade with a small account & you shoud be fine with any broker
    take advantage of the leverage futures offer

firms sometime just blowup . just the way it goes

don't worry the market will take your money first

7. If you are spooked by the "MF disaster" you are at the wrong place.

TD Ameritrade TOS doesn't clear futures, they are cleared by Penson. Not where I would want my futures account.

8. hitnrun

hitnrun

shit happens. who would have thought lehman bros & bear stern would be history
    you never know so you limit your risk in any account as best as possible nothing to lose sleep over
    the market is your enemy & if your a trader you have to be able to handle taking a risk

9. Now that's a very good point.

10. +1. seriously that is the solution to this mf nonsense. i rec ib so much that when my gf broke up w/ me (ok she's imaginary b/c this is the internet) she said "you can't give me what i need" and i said "switch to ib".

#10     Nov 23, 2011