Vertabral fusing to stop back pain?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here are some pictures what I have used and worth to give it a try. You can find different versions on Amazon:

Kneeling chair for trading during the day (about $150):

[​IMG]

Inversion table (under $200):

[​IMG]

Turmeric (or curcumin) ($8 per month):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11     Mar 19, 2011
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

my bed used to be like this

[​IMG]

and my pillow

[​IMG]

what can I say I had a 'hard' life.

#12     Mar 19, 2011
  3. Turmeric? I cook with it, have a decent supply for cheap. How would one take the powder? It's not my favorite spice by a long shot.

#13     Mar 21, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I took the capsule, that is the easiest way...But you can make tea with it...Since you already have the powder, you can buy empty capsules and fill them, then just swallow it. As you probably know, it is hard to get it out from clothes, it is a strong dye....

Turmeric curcumin is an herbaceous plant in the ginger family. It is used extensively in Indian Ayurvedic medicine, and is also a popular culinary spice. It is believed to possess numerous health benefits, including the ability to relieve digestive problems. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. Turmeric curcumin can be taken as a capsule, tincture, powder or even tea.

Instructions:
    1. Take turmeric curcumin in capsule form. Capsules can be purchased from local health food stores or some grocery stores. A typical dose is 250 to 500 mg two to three times per day.

2. Add turmeric curcumin powder, found in your local grocery store or natural foods store, to your food. Use it in casseroles, soups, stir-fries, curries or anywhere else you could use some extra spice. Use approximately 1/8 tsp. per serving, although you can use more according to personal tastes.

3. Take turmeric curcumin in tincture form. Tinctures can be purchased from local health food stores. A typical dose is 1/8 to 1/2 tsp. diluted in 1 cup of warm water, taken two to three times per day.

4. Make a turmeric curcumin tea by adding ¼ tsp. each of turmeric powder and powdered ginger to 1 cup of boiling water. Allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes, and then strain into a coffee mug. Add ½ tbsp. maple syrup and 1 tsp. lemon juice, if desired, and drink two to three cups per day, as needed.

#14     Mar 21, 2011
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Before surgery here is one thing what I would try: prolotheraphy

"Prolotherapy is also known as "proliferation therapy" or "regenerative injection therapy." involves injecting an otherwise non-pharmacological and non-active irritant solution into the body, generally in the region of tendons or ligaments for the purpose of strengthening weakened connective tissue and alleviating musculoskeletal pain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolotherapy

Basicly the idea is that the problematic area is artifically inflammed, and the body heals itself after the irritation, and eventually it will be stronger and healthier...

Instead of me quoting, just google it and read up on it. It is not a very well known procedure and depending on where one lives, it can be hard to find a experienced practitioner. (Remember, they are messing around your spine.) Also insurance usually doesn't pay for it. So if you have to travel, it can be a problem because it could take 6-8 sessions...

I looked into it, but I wasn't a good candidate for it. Nevertheless, I would do anything instead of a surgery, so it might work for those who have a serious condition and want to avoid surgery...

#15     Mar 21, 2011
  6. nursebee

nursebee

7. EON Kid

EON Kid

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

9. Eight

Eight

I adjust my back by hanging by my hands from anything that will hold me and twisting and kicking, gravity pulls my back straight and it pops and whatnot. I also do a lot of stretching... Hyaluronic Acid will hydrate discs and cause them to plump up... Walking is the best exercise for keeping a healthy back. I like to do about 8-10 miles with a little jogging to get the heart rate up into fat burning mode at least a couple three times a week...

If I needed surgery I'd go with artificial discs before fusion, fusion seems medieval to me. A friend of mine was in a wheelchair for some years after a Rodeo injury but after getting artificial discs he was working construction...

#19     Mar 29, 2011
  10. achilles28

achilles28

#20     Mar 29, 2011