Verizon is being an asshole, again...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Overnight, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

They and Cox media decided that they could NOT come to an arrangement on a contract, so Verizon (our TV provider) is locked out of FOX stations.

So no Saints game on Sunday, and more importantly, no Super Bowl on Feb 2nd.

So we'll have to find a sports bar somewhere that has the game to watch it. (And no, we do not have any streaming services currently that will carry the game. And not worth paying upwards of $50 per month just to get the service we do not want to watch one football game.)

And meanwhile, it is only in Boston, Pittsburg PA and Syracuse NY! WTF!

Fuck you Verizon!

(My friend is betting me one buck that they will magically negotiate a contract before the Super Bowl. I just dunno'.)

2. ph1l

ph1l

[​IMG]
    Plan B?

3. Overnight

Overnight

That would require buying a TV set that can accept digital broadcasts. And they are way more than 50 bux, heh. (Our TVs do not have the digital decoders in them, they are from like 5 years ago. WAY out of date.)

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

$30 bucks gets you the works (its over $25 so shipping is free). You'll get Fox forever. Plus all the other local channels.
    https://tinyurl.com/r59nbbo
    https://tinyurl.com/uvqzrwa

It has all the outputs in the back. RCA, Coax, HDMI.... plus you can load thumb drives in it to watch movies.

Overnight likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

That is an excellent idea. I'll pass it along. Thanks Van!

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

You can get one with a friggin DVR in it for under $30. That's pretty damn cool. You'll be able to get all those old Star Treks you like... and all the other old shows that are great that they broadcast over the air... and fast-forward through the damn commercials. Well worth the $'s. You should spring for a good one. $40. Well worth the money there.

8. Overnight

Overnight

Oh yeah? Can it core a apple?

Big AAPL likes this.