Verisi

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Pekelo, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good thing this is a paper trading journal
    Pek.

Still making up for the losses with interest earned?

#41     Jun 20, 2008
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Got stopped out the previous trade with -13 points. I should have brought the stop loss up to 1340 or breakeven when it was at 1348.

Long 1320, SL is manual at this time...

#42     Jun 20, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sold 1336 expecting an SMA bounce...

Gained 16 pts, will go long again if pulls back...

#43     Jun 25, 2008
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Long 1306.5 manual stop loss, willing to hold longer. Yesterday's exit was pretty much on the top, perfect SMA bounce on the daily...

#44     Jun 26, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

- 49.75 points as of yesterday. Looks like you are going to have to hold longer.

If Thursday's LOD should break by more than a couple of ticks 1239ish is the next visible means of support.

But then when your already down 50, what's another 15 - 20 among friends?

#45     Jul 5, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Down over 100 ES points?

#46     Jul 15, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

- 132 ES points ?

#47     Sep 17, 2008
  8. LOL. Guess the "mental stop" isnt such a good idea. But its gotta bounce, right?!?!?

#48     Sep 17, 2008
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Time to update the Journal, because apparently some of the "investors" are nervous, although really, I don't see any reason... :)

Let's recap where we were before I left a long position on:

I was up 62 points (4.2%) with 14 trades. Since the fund has a 4% extra built in profit, I was up 8.2% when I let in a lazy and stupid way the market take it down. The max. DD was around -11.5%, thus the fund went about -3.4% in the red! The horror!!!

Now I let the long position expire, the settlement price was 1279.25, thus trade 15th lost -27.25 points, which is not even 2%...I knew I can always count on the government and the fed...

So where are we now? Up 34.75 points (2.3%) +4%= 6.3%. Where is the market now? -15%

Thus my little fakefund is still comfortably in the green and beating the market by 21%... :)

So if anybody is worried about the performance and wants to withdraw his fakemoney, you have to fill out the appropriate forms!!!

P.S.: By the way please note that the lead over the market increased by 4%....

#49     Sep 19, 2008
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

What a difference one month makes!

Update: The SPX is down -32%, while I was sitting in cash, protecting my 6.3% gain YTD.

So I am beating the market by 38%. I can't believe this Journal got one star only! :)

By the way, the purpose of this exercise is to show how a small fund using the strategy described in the beginning can easily and handsomely outperform the market without doing much research or diversifying like crazy. Just be in a market index most of the time, and step aside when the market is falling.

I know it sounds simple, but hey, I didn't do too many trades, did I? Maybe it is time to go long, to lock in that lead over the market...

#50     Oct 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.