Verisi

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Pekelo, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Time to get back in the game again...

Long 1333.25 No SL...

Lead over market 17.5%...

#31     Mar 27, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Only down 14.75 so far, or does the "No SL" also mean another paper trade?

On the bright side Friday's decline was on below average contracting volume so a bounce of some kind shouldn't be far off.

#32     Mar 29, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

...and that is exactly 1%, I think I can handle it.... :)

#33     Mar 30, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's the nice thing about paper trades.

#34     Mar 31, 2008
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Selling at 1338.25 expecting a little pullback and at least partial gapfill...

#35     Apr 1, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

The market sure is cruel isn't? Hang on for - 23.75 points, sell for + 5 (not too shabby) but then leave as much as another 24 points on the table.

Sounds like something I would do.

#36     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeap, I was expecting a partial gapfill, and wanted to go long again around 1330-32. The market ran away, and I didn't fill like chasing it. Good directional bet, bad execution.

Please note that the Journal's ANNUAL goal has already been reached, and unless a screw up big, it is doing fine... I can also afford to take more risks. How many funds outperforms the market by 16% by the end of the first quarter? :)

I also have to congratulate you on your trading, because you apparently never had a 1% DD. Good for you...Thanks for following my attempt at running a "fund".

Now let's get short at 1366.50, manual stop loss on this one...

#37     Apr 3, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I've had many DD's much bigger (not that I'm bragging) and with real money too.
    You do realize that unless your not using leverage a 1% move in the instrument traded against you is much more than a 1% DD?

drawdown
    Definition

Reduction in account equity from a trade or series of trades.

#38     Apr 3, 2008
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

At this point it looks like consolidation before further upmove, so being short probably isn't the best thing. When short and being wrong that effects the relative performance twice as much. Yesterday the market failed to break down as I expected...

Covering at 1376 until I see the clearer picture...Also jobnumbers could move the market either way...

#39     Apr 4, 2008
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Long 1343, SL 1330...

Long time, no see. 2 months passed by since the last trade and the market went up 100 points and came back, so we gained nothing but we didn't lose anyhing either...

Right now we have a double bottom with RSI divergence and that is just as good a signal to show the turn of the market as any. We shall see....

#40     Jun 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.