Veni Vidi Vici

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ozzy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

1) Do you trade futures?
    2) Do you have an edge?
    3) If you have an edge how much do you make per year?
    4) Maybe I'm working on getting an "edge" in the meantime. Ever think of that?
    5) Did you finish University? If you did what degree did you get? What was your average?
    6) Did you play sports? What level did you reach in these sports.

I would liike to know who I am talking to before, I blindly listen to someone who I don't know over the internet.

Thanks and have a good day.

ozzy

#61     Jul 18, 2005
  2. Hey ozzy/ samson, you hang out in chat rooms?

come over to #eminifutures othernet.org network and we can both chat and test shit out.

Make our learning experience much faster with exchange of ideas.

AIM me madxwebc

Trend Fader,

btw theres lots of money daytrading futures discretionary
    Whenever theres movement there is money to be made, and today there is movement. And all of them moved regularly.

Quite a few people bank 3-4k easily a day.
    Quite a few 50 contract players bank even more then that, I'm not saying they are news worthy unique, theres a lot of them out there day in an day out.

I don't know how you can think people can't make money trading futures :D thats insanity!

#62     Jul 18, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Hi Samson,

I have no idea where he's coming from. I think Trend Fader thinks i'm looking at the stars while I'm making trading decisions.

ozzy

#63     Jul 18, 2005
  4. I never said that. I said you need an edge.. being fully discretionary and winging it day to day.. is not going to cut it.

Ozzy.. what happens with many discrectionary traders.. is that they just go day to day winging their trading and whenever they lose money they say they will learn from mistakes.. but next week the mistakes happen again. Is it really a mistake or do they have no edge to begin with.

Daytrading futures is not like throwing someone in the pool and asking them to learn to swim... and each day they get better and better. Every few min. different professionals hedge portfolios, hedge risk, etc... liquidity enters and exits.. trying to catch these moves intraday is extremely difficult and in most cases due to the low volatility choppy environment.. near impossible.

--MIKE

#64     Jul 18, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Who said I was winging it. I have over 1000 books in my library and use various entry methods and setups.

P.S I will be automating systems in the future as well.

#65     Jul 18, 2005
  6. I dunno, but when it comes to intraday time frame the "feel" of the tape is 75% of it, at least the way I see it. Feel free to disagree, I ain't listening :)

#66     Jul 18, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

I agree. I watch the tape externsively.

Combine everything (tape reading, money management, risk management, setups, indicators, experience, proper psychology) and voila you have an "edge".

I'm still waiting for your response to my questions. Prove to me you know your shit and I will listen. Other wise "fuck off"

#67     Jul 18, 2005
  8. I agree its a lot of tape reading.. but the futures Emini tape.. is extremely misleading.. because by design its a hedging instrument.. and being dominated by institutions playing both sides of the markets.

#68     Jul 18, 2005

9. Then where is your edge after reading 1000 books and blowing wads of money over the years.. and being down 15% in 6 days on a simulator.

Maybe this is all telling you to lay off of futures and you no edge.

At this point.. you are not doing anything different than you have the past few years.. so what makes u think u will become a profitable trader?

--MIKE

#69     Jul 18, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

I have mentioned before that I have only been trading futures for 6 months. It takes some people years to learn how to become profitable. If you expect me to jump into the futures business (where 95% fail) and make a million in 6 months than your expecations are above mine.

I'm guessing you tried to trade futures and failed and now believe that everyone will fail and its impossible to make money trading futures. Let me know if I'm wrong.

#70     Jul 18, 2005