Veni Vidi Vici

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ozzy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. I buddy of mine just moved from the States to the UK to gain access to SocGen's clickoptions trading in exotics; the French detest the US and won't roll it out for US retail clients.

He trades US futures as well and loves the hours.

#171     Oct 20, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

Gonna have some problems trading ER2 today. My billing got screwed up and I can't get the software to come up.

Addition: Bought some IWM 62.0 Calls yesterday near the bottom at the end of the day @ .45 cents (20). Just sold them (10 AM) for 1.00. Very sweeet.

#172     Oct 21, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Update:

Got ensign to come up about an hour or so ago. Did a little trading up +1.4 so far on some simple trades.

Been playing the EUR quite a bit today. Some decent moves there.

o to the z

#173     Oct 21, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

EOD DAY 4:

Net Profit = $82.40
    Total Points = + 1.4
    Net Profit (running) = $374.4
    Total Points (running) = +8.4

Wall Street has left the house. I hate fridays I need more action dammit !

Time to eat some sushi.

Have a good weekend everyone.

ozzz

• eod.png
      File size:
      305.2 KB
      Views:
    #174     Oct 21, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Current Setup in Van.

#175     Oct 21, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

Ozzy,

I have never traded IWM options before. Why do you trade them instead of --ER2 futures options? They must be more liquid??

1.00 = $100 or $1000?

I have to check these out ----I just checked the CBOE website and these are disgustingly liquid. I dont know jack about the pricing. But it sounds like a cheap way to get leverage.

#176     Oct 21, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

They're pretty liquid. I snapped up 20 contracts around yesterday's low (around 3:30 pm I think) and sold around 10:00 AM today for a quick double. I find that they are a little more forgiving if you are wrong, you don't have to be bang on like you do in futures. That's the main reason I use them here and there (and the leverage of course).

My main goal is to set up a steady income on the ER2 and afterwards to integrate several other products QM, DAX,EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, CHF, ZN, ZB then get a solid understanding of option strategies then possibly commodities. I have so much to learn and do. I'm hoping to start a hedge fund of some sort (mostly my own money I guess) in the next 3-4 years.

I really like this business and I truly believe I can be successfully. We'll see how it goes.

I wish I started in this business after university it would have also helped If I had a mentor. Had this been the case, I would be light years ahead of where I am now. I guess later is better than never.

Cheerio
    ozzy

edit: I've never traded futures options, I guess that's why I don't use them. I'll look into them and see which one is better to trade.

#177     Oct 21, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

The Art of War excerpt:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
    If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
    If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Just going through it now (for entertainment purposes), came across this bit and thought I'd add it to the journal.

#178     Oct 23, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

go get'em Ozzy!

Are you using IB for those IWM options?

#179     Oct 23, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

:)

Sure am !!

#180     Oct 23, 2005