Veni Vidi Vici

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ozzy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Nice TGM. Thanks for the tibits. I've been manually drawing trendlines for the last little while. I'll check out the auto TL's this weekend.

One of the reasons I'm using ensign is because its dirt cheap. Combine it with IB for data and it costs you almost nothing.

Thanks again for the info I appreciate it.

#161     Oct 20, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

If you told me that I would have a computer drawing trendlines for me ---I would die laughing. My buddy who used Ensign told me to try em and I have been pleasantly surprised. You I get alerts when price hits a parallel line as well. I am getting lazy using Ensign.

Yeah --fool with them when you have time. You will find that Ensign has all kinds of tools that will make your trading better. Just takes time to figure them all out.

Are you automatically putting in stops? like at 100 bucks? Or do you just throw them on and go with no protection?

#162     Oct 20, 2005
  3. i'm looking to get a chart program myself. have a question on Ensign..
    can it track a price spread or a price ratio or some other formulation of prices real-time? i.e., a custom index of sorts? for example, "Price A x N - Price B" ?
    thx in advance.

#163     Oct 20, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Stops get automatically thrown in at 0.6 points. But every once in a while I get the "there's no way in hell its going higher" notion which is when I usually get hit for 4-5 points. Something that has happened a few times in the last little while. But I'm weeding out this old dirty habit. The discipline is improving day by day, I'm basically turning into a robot.

lynx: I'm pretty sure you can chart spreads/ratios. Check out their website at www.ensignsoftware.com it should be in there.

#164     Oct 20, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

The program will do it and everything else you can think of. I am amazed at it.

The owner Howard ---helped me out personally and they have online chat feature were someone will walk you through. You can do custom symbols like you want and it will chart them realtime. It will also do various different kinds of overlay spreads. It is only 40 bucks a month ---so I figured I would try it out and see if it is OK. The first couple weeks had to get used to it. But since then all smooth sailing. I will use the damn program from here on out.

#165     Oct 20, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

Eh ---lol ---I have done the same thing. .60 is a good stop level for 1 minute timeframe (or short tick timeframes). When I am right -----the market just jumps from were got in. The ER2 and Dax operate the same way with my method. If price is were I bought it for any length of time-----it is time to look for an exit.

I have to expand my stop levels with Volatility. Mostly I do stops in my head unless I am executing with IB ---I do stop limits to have something at the CME in case something happens.

#166     Oct 20, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

Oz,

U working orders or just blasting in?

#167     Oct 20, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

I do work orders and I also have a lot of mines (buy stops/sell stops) laying around the charts. I really like my style. If I was disciplined enough I would be getting minimum 5+ points /day/contract. But the big D gets the better of me at times (less now than before).

I would like to trade the DAX as well, but its pretty tough being on the west coast of Canada. Once I get things rolling I hope to move to europe (amsterdam or something). Then I'm gonna trade everything !!!!

#168     Oct 20, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

I hear you. Trading Forex is killing my sleep. I have to get up and check things during European hours. My friends in London are trying to get me to come over there. They all love trading the US markets in the afternoon evening and then going to the pub. Sounds tempting. I would pick Ireland though not the UK. I have looked at property in Ireland. I should have bought some in 1992! LOL. Of course, then I could see the boom---but I was poor non trading boy just getting out of college.

#169     Oct 20, 2005
  10. Ozzy / TGM :

thanks, I'll give Ensign a try. Good luck with your endeavors.

#170     Oct 20, 2005