Veni Vidi Vici

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ozzy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Having some problems with Ninja Trader today. I'm unable to trade due to a negative balance in the SIMULATION account (after it crashed). Re-installed Ninja and I'm still having the same problem. Today is a write off.

Add-on: Ok fixed everything. Ninja up and running again.
    Add-on: Can't seem to connect to IB now. Fuzz.

#131     Oct 17, 2005
  2. Hello Ozzy,

BTW I 'm watching your trades similar to how you traded before, I believe the trading method will be just a lot of churn,

I traded similar to how you traded before, there is very little way to make money like that "going with the flow" unless you are down at the pits where you can hear/see order flow,

The reason why is because the randomness in many movements may seem like good setups but in reality unless it is at specific points will they just be another fake, many will look like a good setup, but in reality its just random.

The biggest problem with this type of trading is, how many traders do you know who trade similar to your discretional method.. many many many.

#132     Oct 17, 2005
  3. Trying to discretionarily trade the index futures is a waste of time.. yes there are a few that can do it profitably but it is the most difficult form of trading bceause they are so fast and so competive.

#133     Oct 17, 2005

4. I dont get it.. u always talk about discipline and following rules.. probably mentioned a dozen times on this thread.. and everytime u lose money u revert back to this..

Take a step back.. maybe u lose bceause losing is part of any system.. and maybe u dont make enough money to jusify doing this for a living because you dont really have an edge..

Just take a step and think outside the box.

#134     Oct 17, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

I expect to lose and yes I know that losing is part of any system. If you didn't notice I took 10+ points a few days ago. You can take those points and stick them up your ass and if you like I can do this in person. Just let me know where you live.

ozz

P.S discipline comes in many forms I'm not specifically talking in regards to trading. With respect to trading I'm as good as I've ever been.
    P.P.S In regards to being competitive. I would say I'm about as competitive as it gets. I didn't go through school getting high marks and playing varsity soccer (always among the top 2-3 players on the team) being non competitive. So don't talk to me about that shit.

#135     Oct 17, 2005
  6. ozzy,

Food for thought

The best opportunities are the least competitive for a reason.

#136     Oct 17, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

Nice way to put it.

But to find the best oppurtunities you need to be among the most competitive.

#137     Oct 17, 2005
  8. TGM

TGM

Ozzy,

Good to see you back in the game. I remember reading your thread. Welcome back.

FWIW, I have been running TWS and Ensign. It is surprisingly good.

www.zerolinetrader.com

I find ZLT to be better for the money and I have not had problems with them. Ninja is good. But if you you are not doing anything complicated ---ZLT will work just as good and alot cheaper.

I noticed you are using a 3-10 macd. What slow line are you using? 16?

#138     Oct 17, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

Hi TGM

I'm using (3,10,16) setting for the MACD ala LBR.

ozz

#139     Oct 17, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

Ah, I have used it for over 10 years. Have you heard of Chick Goslin?

So you are doing short skirts/first crosses?? etc? Linda puts out some good stuff. I was first introduced to the 3/10-16 by her in 1995.

#140     Oct 17, 2005