Venezuela threatens anew to turn off oil spigot to US

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by trader99, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Great point not to mention if he plays hard to get with his oil the US can confiscate CITGO and other assets. Plus, most of Vz. crude is heavy and takes a special refinery, like the one in Corpus Christi (CITGO) to run it. Sounds to me, like he is shooting his mouth to score points at home.

DS

#31     Aug 17, 2005
  2. Sounds like what i said:confused:

#32     Aug 17, 2005
  3. I believe the "what I said you refer to is your statement:
    "Its just Chavez making his country happy, by saying F#$k You America. Nothing more."

In addition to my mention of Chavez playing to the home audience as you did, I added information re. the US confiscating CITGO as well as other assets plus the part about Vz has heavy crude that needs a specially equipped refinery like the one in Corpus Christi (CITGO) to run it which makes selling that heavy crude elsewhere more difficult if at all possible.

Or did I miss you stating that added information somewhere?

DS

#33     Aug 17, 2005
  4. Jayhawk

Jayhawk

12 cent a gallon of gas in Venezuela!

#34     Aug 17, 2005
  5. ================
    Candletrader;
    Jim Rogers doesnt like him either.:cool:

Chavez may not know much about oil/gas stock trading trends;
    not realizing he may actually may be helping capitalists & himself,
    by trying to scare consumers.

#35     Aug 17, 2005
  6. 1.5 million barrels a day X $63 a barrel X 365 days in a year. Who does this fool think he's kidding? A dirt poor country is going to give up billions in oil revenue......ok.....

Here's something to think about. Is there one nice guy in the entire world that has alot of oil? The nut cases are running the asylum. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Venezuela, Libya, Algeria. They sure did luck out.

#36     Aug 18, 2005
  7. Babak

Babak

5 c in Iraq (and they still complain).

#37     Aug 18, 2005
  8. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

The majority of oil suppliers are Marxists and Islamists, and they are dependent on America's demand. However, there is an emerging new demand: China.

So these suppliers will become antagonistic to America, now that they have a new major client to sell to.

That's why America must either have direct and exclusive access to oil supply, or develop alternative energies that will lead them to energy independence.

#38     Aug 18, 2005
  9. I agree with your thought that the US should correct is dependancy on imported crude but China with its increasing demand imports about 5% of the world's capacity, so to me it is not large enough to consume the oil from those nations antagonistic to the US. IMO, a lot of those countries dislike the US's foreign policy but like its money.

DS

#39     Aug 19, 2005
  10. Or just buy it on the market like everyone else. Probably would be lots cheaper and no one will have to die for it.

#40     Aug 20, 2005