Venezuela threatens anew to turn off oil spigot to US

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by trader99, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Its just Chavez making his country happy, by saying F#$k You America. Nothing more.

#21     Aug 17, 2005
  2. Excellent commentary.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from libertad:

What's more interesting is that the US is supposedly having big big problems with:

Iraq
    Iran
    Venezuela

Gee...I wonder if it has anything to do with...OIL ?????

Look...the Bush family has got to make some more dough....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget North Korea and the problems we had (and fixed) with Afghanistan. But I don't think they produce much oil.

Why Iraq before N Korea when it was clear N K had wmd ????? Remember the media ?????

Look...follow the money....follow the facts...do not listen to anything else...and the truth will surface....

#22     Aug 17, 2005
  3. There are few mindsets that annoy me more than the leave-it-if-you-don't-like-it attitude.

It's not my duty to curteously get out of the way of the Leviathan; it's the government's duty to stay within its proper parameters.

#23     Aug 17, 2005
  4. Agree:

But at the same time, compared to most goverments out there, the US is far away much better organized and transparent.

Perfect, far from, but still much better.....

What annoys me is how people think our goverment is so bad, if they had any idea of what bad really is !!!

#24     Aug 17, 2005
  5. newbunch

newbunch

Why Iraq before N Korea when it was clear N K had wmd ????? Remember the media ?????

We had a peace agreement with North Korea, negotiated by Jimmy Carter under Clinton. Remember? He won a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

#25     Aug 17, 2005
  6. The time has come to liberate Venezuela, to catch Chavez and to execute him for stealing from and oppressing his people...

We must help create a new government there, based on democratic principles, which will not use oil as a weapon of terrorizing America...

#26     Aug 17, 2005
  7. Just follow the money...and the truth will reveal itself...

This is very very simple....

#27     Aug 17, 2005
  8. the story in Venezuela is quite different. He is using oil proceeds to buy the vote of the poor, who are the mayority of the pop.

so from their perspective this guy is the good guy.

Venezuela is where it is, not because of Chavez but because all the politicians before him who stole money left and right.

Chavez is the consequence of previous goverments who weren't honest.

He sits in a strong position now. Because he was supposedly elected via democracy. the US has no excuse to take him down.

Only the Catholic church in Ven. has a chance.

#28     Aug 17, 2005
  9. Nice timing on the top of oil. Great move.

#29     Aug 17, 2005
  10. just21

just21

Chalabi, in Iraq, is proposing that oil revenue is paid into individual accounts of all Iraqis and the governemnet then taxes them. This is to avoid creating another corrupt tyranny. I guess all the Iraqi refugees will be returning asap!

#30     Aug 17, 2005