Venezuela Nationalising MORE

Discussion in 'Economics' started by blast19, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Also all Maxpi you moron read about there history sometime. Castro had a revolution to take power. The guy who led Cuba before was General Zaldivar who took power on a coupe and took the power from an elected president. He ran the country as an authoritarian leader. America was happy having a king in Cuba because rich people made money off it.

Now I will explain the nationalizing of Cuba. Castro paid fare amounts of value to the American companies in the beginning. See the countries reported and paid Cuba a % of there profit like a tax but the companies reported small amounts of profit to Cuba. Castro knew that so to get them back he paid the fare value on the company based on the yearly fake low profits. See basically we got mad because Castro fucked us the same way we fucked Cuba.

#41     Jan 12, 2007
  2. If I had to take the choice of an internet blog with pictures that could be of anything, and WHO ratings which would be more reliable ?

#42     Jan 12, 2007
  3. The US does not do what you are saying. You do not seem to understand. The US does not blockade Cuban ports or sink ships en route to Cuba.

Besides as has already been said:
    1) East verus West Germany should settle the whole Commie/Capitalist debate.
    2) Again, all of a sudden free trade is good when its a Communist power that demands it but its bad when Capitalist countries demand it.

Cuba is just proving that free exchange and Capitalism is a superior system. All Cuba became was a giant cash cropping machine to feed Castro's pocket.

I believe actual evidence opposed to evidence by proxy and as I said that is one among many, many real person reports on the deplorable state of Cuban healthcare. Get real. It's called lying. Highly centralized government's can get away with it and do it.

#43     Jan 12, 2007
  4. Everybody here defending Venezuela and Cuba is not saying there are right. We are just saying they should be entitled to be how they want to be.

#44     Jan 12, 2007
  5. Zaldivar was his second last name, it isnt common in latin america to refer to people by their second last name, its more common to refer to them by their first last name; Hence he is best known as General Batista.

It's not a bad idea applying such a policy to avoid tax evaders... at least in theory...

I thought of something similar to stop people from reporting artificially low prices on real state... give the state powers to buy any property at the reported tax value, if the state believes it can sell it back with a profit [even to the same person]... but then someone told me that having a speculator state isn't such a good idea...

#45     Jan 12, 2007
  6. I agree but then again once a tyrant is in power how do you determine that that is what the people want anymore?

I don't care. If these countries want to grind to dust I don't care. The US has plenty of its own problems like over zealous nationalism and consolidation of executive power.

Like I said I'm not for the embargo.

#46     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Sure, Im pro trade, pro outsourcing, pro deletion of all border lines and migratory restrictions. But that's just me.

#47     Jan 12, 2007
  8. I don’t mind the artificial price of real estate tax if you’re living on the land. I understand being taxed on profit but I'm not a big fan of property tax but that’s off the subject. We outright screwed them out of profits they were entitled too

#48     Jan 12, 2007
  9. If you think reporting low prices on real estate is a major issue... I don't know what to say. See the government appraises property and I'm here to tell you that they quite readily adjust the base up.

http://www.federalbudget.com/whopays.html

I'm so sick of people pretending like there are these massive tax loopholes rich people use to get out of paying any taxes. Trust me. You are gonna pay unless you do something illegal.

#49     Jan 12, 2007
  10. I agree 100%
    There are some fundamental rights that should never be ignored.
    1.Right to self government. Every nation has the right to fuck themselves up in whatever way they see fit.

2. Right to secession. Every group of people should have the right to tell the state to fuckoff and create their own state, to apply the first right however they see fit to apply it.

#50     Jan 12, 2007