Venezuela Nationalising MORE

Discussion in 'Economics' started by blast19, Jan 10, 2007.

1. blast19

blast19

2. Daal

Daal

How one go about shorting their indexes?I feel sorry for the venezualan people for being so stupid

3. Should you really be throwing the word stupid around? You’re asking people on the internet who you never met how to short an index. I don’t think that’s the best financial decision you ever made.

How is this bad for them? They are mostly all poor so they are not sitting home worrying about there stocks in the international markets. Nationalizing means profits stay in there country and cheaper cost of service for them. Do you think Venezuela will get sanctioned? I would doubt it since they are an oil producing country. I think Americans should feel stupid for having Bush in the White House dealing with our international problems.

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

they love him....he won by a landslide.

5. Daal

Daal

god. hugo is that you?

6. You're a little late to the trade. The Venezuelan index was down over 20% yesterday.

7. Excellent Commentary.........

The key thought here is that this country wants what works best for them.....which is an honest endeavor....

However as you know...the country holding the most paper wins the game in capitalism...

.................................................................................................

A type of social capitalism I think would work best for most countries....and the country should strive for what will create the most value for its people...

Assets that are productively utilized...whose fullest values are reflected and attainable by its public would be most appropriate...

A type of nationalization that would enable this to happen would not be a bad thing...however a type of nationalization that discounts these values and shuts out its sovereign population is a lessor move....

8. Daal you really are dumb. I am pointing out information to you. Your not even smart enough to realize that trade is pretty much played out.

9. Daal

Daal

Wrong Fidel. I'm aware of the corrections yet the last time I checked hugo's expected presidency term limit was... forever, or as long as he lives, whatever comes first. The venezuelans will probably show their stupidity again and give him that power

10. Cesko

Cesko

No you should feel stupid. This is one of the dumbest post I have read here.

#10     Jan 10, 2007