Venezuela Has Twice The Oil Reserves of Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Stamatti

Stamatti

What the hell does this mean? Tl;dr? Op?

I mean, i would ask R2D2 to translate it for me, but he is in a galaxy far far away...

#11     Jul 15, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I see we have some newbies here who got on the internets lately. There is a thingy called google, that answers most of your questions.

Otherwise Too Long, Didn't Read (I actually read it, it was a joke, but I simplified it that) the Original Poster was an idiot.

The thing is about this kind of threads that once a month, some ignoramus (OK, I am nice now) hear something about huge just discovered oil reservoirs (there are no such things anymore), that will solve our energy problems in the future.

Generally I am nice and educative (although in vain) about it, but when the linked article actually CONTRADICTS the poster, I release the sarcasm...

#12     Jul 15, 2010
  3. Stamatti

Stamatti

I jus want to point out that the Venezuelan "experts" that don't agree are the paid regime puppets that can't possibly agree with the figures due to the obvious conflicts of interest they would bring...

By this I only intend to point out that is not the veracity of the numbers that is in question, but rather the real world impact of these numbers under the hardship of the circumstances.

So I can only partially agree with your reply as you wrote it. Good point though...

#13     Jul 15, 2010
  4. Stamatti

Stamatti

Thanks for the clarification, I had a hunch about OP but no idea about tl/dr... Little embarrassed I didn't know that off hand...

I agree with you in that the post was half assed an it didn't seem he even finished reading the source story (which btw is from Jan 2010!). I however enjoy setting the record straight, even if it probably is a moot point since (as evidenced from his original post) he will only read the first 2 lines and draw a conclusion from that...

#14     Jul 15, 2010
  5. pspr

pspr

Usually your posts aren't so foolish or condesending. But on this thread you take the cake. It is YOU who has appearantly not read the link. Of course Venezuela dissagrees with with what U.S. geologists say. Who do you beleive? You are a DAMN FOOL and an ASSHOLE TO BOOT. Off to ignor with you.

And Stamatti must be your new alias created just so you could be a super asshole.

#15     Jul 15, 2010
  6. SeanM

SeanM

Great post, very informative, thanks

#16     Jul 15, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Thanks for the compliment and you are welcome! That's why I am here.

P.S.: Was I right about you watching Fox News?

#17     Jul 15, 2010
  8. That would be a foolish thing to do for a country that has the world reserve curreny.

It makes more sense to print paper and export inflation, then to export something tangible, of value, like irreplaceable oil.

#18     Jul 15, 2010
  9. Don't be. Most of us also speak english and not internet.

#19     Jul 16, 2010