Vendor question

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

How many aliases can 1 vendor have and can they pump penny stocks???

You know why I am askin'.... :)

Xela likes this.
  2. speedo

speedo

Magna busted him on the pennies yesterday.

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Its not a vendor question...

Its a question about penny stocks. I do remember on several occasions the past few years that ET management has been fairly consistent about their policies involving talking about penny stocks.

It's simple...they don't allow it and I've seen them DELETE message posts and threads involving such. I've even seen moderators telling those traders involved to "go elsewhere" that's suitable for such type of discussions. All those involved were not vendors.

In fact, I remember one of the moderator's giving a definition of what is identified as a penny stock because some that wanted to talk about penny stocks felt the specific penny stock they're interested in did not qualify as a penny stock.

Simply, ET management seems to know what is a penny stock to them.

4. The first part of the question was multiple aliases for vendors. So it is a vendor question. The penny stock part was a secondary question.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I say 1 vendor = 1 alias

The logic is pretty simple, multiple aliases can shill for the product. The Surf report has at least 2 aliases beside the main handle...

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks for the clarification. Reality, anyone (including a vendor) can have multiple aliases at ET although Baron doesn't like it but since this has been a problem from day 1 of this forum...he really can't stop it beyond just one alias.

Also, keep in mind that some multiple aliases have prior approval but I think Baron closes the account of the prior alias in question. If there's no approval...its been obvious its extremely difficult for Baron to prevent such regardless if its a vendor or not a vendor. Thus, vendors is not really the issue. The issue really is about multiple aliases and the answer is obvious...NO...but its also obvious the forum management is unable to prevent such.

With that said, I myself don't understand when someone is known by management to actually have multiple aliases, cause problems in the past and then banning them for whatever reasons or killing off any other obvious associated aliases...

Why welcome them back at the forum ?

As for surf, if he's paying to be here so that he can talk about his book...kudos to him for helping keep this forum free for everybody else because I've seen some heavy debates at this forum in the past about "membership fees".

7. My problem with multiple alias is when the person uses the alias to act like a 3rd party pumping up their posts or products like we are imbeciles and cannot tell. Durf uses alias to talk about himself and we all have called him out on it but the shit continues.

It really demonstrates a deep psychosis problem that should not be encouraged and we all hope Surf gets the help he needs.

8. Even... if a person/vendor has multiple aliases...I Still can't imagine it would make much of a difference...
    I may just be cynical and jaded -- but who would buy that sh*t anyways... o_O:caution:

Are people flocking to that book/product...like it's a Black Friday steal...
    Even if something was Free, I still wouldn't touch it,

9. Overnight

Overnight

My thought on this is that someone trying to come in with multiple aliases will usually come in with the same IP addy. So just restrict access based upon IP addy. Would that not cut down on the problem?

10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Oh, if it were only this easy. :fistbump: Unfortunately in this stage of the internet game there are far too many ways around that. Hard to believe but 10-15 yrs ago I used to keep an Excel spreadsheet with everyone's IP address and that was sufficient (!) to catch 80%+ of multiple aliases, people sneaking back in after bans, etc. That simplistic approach stopped working many, many years ago. So there are other methods that sometimes work, sometimes don't, but I want to disabuse you and anyone else of the notion that it's an easy matter of just checking IP's.

#10     Feb 23, 2017
    wrbtrader and Xela like this.