Velocy Futures would only wire out funds - no more checks

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DarthSidious, Jan 25, 2013.

1. rollover

rollover

I didn't, but they still offer the cheapest rates without negotiating. Now they have increased their profitability after having increased their client base the last years. Their service has always been fine. I was only surprised that they pushed this raise - never heard about a broker raising its commission, normally it goes the other way.

#11     Feb 1, 2013
  2. emg

emg

#12     Feb 1, 2013
  3. rollover

rollover

#13     Feb 1, 2013
  4. emg

emg

if u "claim" to be a big or medium size trader, why is your commission rate rising?

perhaps, u are not a big/medium trader but a wannabe. small traders are known to be a wannabe hot shot psycho people. in the end, they are just poor.

#14     Feb 1, 2013
  5. rollover

rollover

You better learn to read before you write.
    I wrote: "I would call myself a small profitable retail trader"
    And sorry, you seem to be really frustrated troll.

#15     Feb 1, 2013
  6. emg

emg

i believe brokerages want to keep big traders happy by keeping their rate the same or lower. why? they are proven successful traders and Big traders have the leverage to make brokerages happy.

what about small traders?

I believe brokerages careless about small traders because they have no value but lose. there is absolutely no value in small traders. they don't have the leverage for lower rates and best customer service. On top of all, i dont think brokerages make money targeting small traders as their sole revenue. If that is the case, they have to keep finding new small traders knowing small traders will not last 1 month.

They just lose!

#16     Feb 1, 2013
  7. It is beyond stupidity to reply to Mr. emg "they just lose", so I won't do that. But I did read the link posted by him. As rollover pointed out, there indeed are "small profitable traders". My takeaway from that article is this:

“The most aggressive participants, those who take liquidity, seem to be most profitable.”

I say yes, of course. enter & exit on a stop. Always worked, always will. Not to say that I don't enter & exit on a limit at times, but that implies my belief in my market wizardry that I do not have. The only consolation is my even stronger belief that those market wizardry simply do not exist. Let the market take you in, and take you out. That is all.

#17     Feb 2, 2013
  8. Very low volume in the markets, brokers have little choice but to raise commissions to capture more revenue or go tits up.

#18     Feb 2, 2013
  9. rollover

rollover

Totally agreed, and I wonder if Velocity is only the first one who has raised the commission.

#19     Feb 2, 2013
  10. rollover

rollover

Either it is a glitch on their site or they have raised again their commission after 02-01-13. Now it becomes really annoying. I think about dumping this broker - perhaps switching to http://deepdiscounttrading.com/.

#20     Feb 3, 2013