VelocityFutures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Quicktrader10, Feb 14, 2007.

1. I am considering VelocityFutures and wondered if anyone here has had recent experience with them and can or can not recommend them. The ratings on them on a couple of years old. Are they looking for new clients or have all they need? They did not seem real excited about getting a new client, in my opinion. Thanks for any input.

2. They had some issues with Ninja Trader which seem to be resolved a couple of months back. They are rock solid on anything TT branded, X Trader and TT Pro.

I just referred someone to them today with no hesitations whatsoever. I think I was probably the last review you read on them.

They aren't some high pressure smoozing BS broker, so that's why they probably came off as laid back. Anthony is a good guy and he doesn't bs like so many brokers do.

Edit

I have been with them over a year now.

Dan

3. ok, thanks - yes, you were right about their attitude, kind of cool. I was interested in using NinjaTrader as that is what I am using now and like it. Hope there is no problem in switching brokers, as in unloading and reloading NT. Thanks again.

4. chisel

chisel

Been w/ VF nearly 3 yrs. X-Trader is rock-solid. No hype and no BS either as Dan said.

5. great! thanks! Any NinjaTrader users have experience with Velocity?

6. In fact rarely they reply to my emails I sent to Dale or Anthony... :(

7. amiindew

amiindew

Yes, the one thing that could use some improvement is their replying to emails, I often had to send a couple of emails before I get a reply

8. h'mmmm, that is the exact reason I am thinking about switching from my current broker: doesn't respond to emails or return phone calls. Guess these futures brokers have all the business they can handle. Not good situation for traders. Thanks for the replies.

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Very satisfied with Velocity. I use X-Trader. I nEver e-mail them, but when I call there is always someone to talk, even at 2am.

10. Thank you RedDuke, that sounds better.

#10     Feb 15, 2007