Velocity

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by sharp10, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jlampel

jlampel ET Sponsor

#31     Jul 23, 2009
  2. ES seems back to normal, DOM looks healthy and refresh rate seems good again.

anyone else still having issues?

#32     Jul 23, 2009
  3. Everything looks good here .......for now.

Everything looked good this morning too before going down though. Nothing official from Velocity yet...

#33     Jul 23, 2009
  4. Not for me, right from the opening bell I could see latency in the DOM (just like the last 3 days).

Now, though, it appears to be back to normal but like you said, no word officially from Velocity yet.

#34     Jul 23, 2009
  5. Do you guys use the 103 or 118 IP Address? Enable Compression checked? Thanks.

#35     Jul 23, 2009
  6. jearnest

jearnest Velocity Futures

This abnormally high 500% of normal output of data from our servers this week has been resolved.

We are now running normally again at 15-20% utilization vs. the peaking at over 100% due to CME and CME gateway issues.

I will post more information when it becomes available.

Thank you,

Jay

#36     Jul 23, 2009
  7. Jay,

Thanks for your post. But I had the same issues with TF on ICE.

Can please post the proper settings for Guardian as to which IP Addresses and whether Enable Compression should be checked?

Thanks.

#37     Jul 23, 2009
  8. jearnest

jearnest Velocity Futures

The problem was that we(VF) were sending out bogus data to our customers at such a large rate (basically 5X normal peak market open conditions) from the CME and CME-A servers that it could have caused slowness on other exchanges also even if you were not using the CME.

For Compression Desired Clients use:

63.85.80.118 and click enable compression.

Thanks,

Jay

#38     Jul 23, 2009
  9. Jay,

Thanks for the information. Hope it's all fixed.

#39     Jul 23, 2009
  10. Strange... the greatest 3 days to trade and the server is down...

my 2 cents ( in CNY )

#40     Jul 24, 2009