Velocity

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by sharp10, Jul 21, 2009.

1. sharp10

sharp10

Is anyone else having issues with Xtrader at Velocity?

Since yesterday they seem to be having some noticeable slowness. I can't get much out of them.

I have just been told better not to trade for now.

2. Yes, connectivity issues starting today. Slow refresh rates for sure. Support desk said they are aware and are working on it.

3. sharp10

sharp10

Thanks.

4. Same issues here. I have had very little down time with them overall so I cant complain.

5. same here, usually no issues at all.

6. sharp10

sharp10

Yes, first time since I have been with them.

7. I just received this email from Velocity:

Hello,

We were experiencing technical difficulties regarding connection and latency issues and it has been resolved.

If you feel that you are still having the same issues, please let us know so we can better assist you.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards,

Operations

Velocity Futures, LLC
    Houston - Chicago
    USA
    Tel: +01-312-780-7600
    Fax: +01-312-276-8362

8. sharp10

sharp10

Thanks. Just got the same thing.

9. M3peat

M3peat

Funny thing (turned out to be funny anyway) happened to me.

Within 10-15 seconds after putting in my very first order I get the email saying not to trade due to latency issues.

Long story short, I was able to pull my buy order before the market took it but wasn't able to pull my stop order off quick enough and it was taken. I ended up making a few ticks by the time I got out. Could have been much worse.

Glad to hear this is not common, I started wondering if I had made a huge mistake going with Velocity.

10. sharp10

sharp10

Well, all was fine until equities open.
    It doesn't look like they have fixed the problem, at least it appears such to me.

#10     Jul 22, 2009