Velocity Trader DAX Journal

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GoodTrades, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BStrader

BStrader

thx

#41     Dec 5, 2003
  2. Thanks Fast Trader

#42     Dec 5, 2003
  3. If I'm looking for what I think could be a 4+ pt move I'll let a trade go 2 pts aginst me max. If I still like it after i get out I'll try it again.

For something that is just a quick scalp the next tick goes my way or I'm out.

#43     Dec 5, 2003
    Adam777 likes this.
  4. I don't think your crazy...I am in California so it's midnight for me....those first 2 hours are real hectic.....do you use wider stops during that time or just more frequent trades?

Michael B.

#44     Dec 5, 2003
  5. Dont let all the naysayers on Elite keep you from posting. People like Fast and I are anxious to learn. Won't be doing the number of scalps you do, but can learn from you and use it to fit our on system and timeframe.

#45     Dec 6, 2003
  6. I trade more frequently at the open in the DAX not with wider stops. In the early trading in the DAX I find if you are right you'll know right away.

#46     Dec 6, 2003
  7. Thanks for the support.

I'm not encouraging anyone to trade as much as I do, as some people suggested. Hopefully, you guys can pick up some tidbits from what I do and apply it to your own methodology. That's my intent.

#47     Dec 6, 2003
  8. Good tread.

How do you trade the economic news (numbers)?

#48     Dec 6, 2003
  9. ups...thread, I mean.

And how do you trade divergences between Dax and Eurostoxx50?

#49     Dec 6, 2003
  10. i'm currently trading ES and i want to also trade DAX.
    i have a question b4 starting trading it for real.
    actually i'd like to know if u can enter ATM and get filled easily or there is an important slippage ( because there isn't as many contract traded as ES or Eurostoxx50 for example..). same with stops ( buy or sell ). also , i won't trade more than 5 contracts at one time... thx for any answer from a real DAX trader (paper trader can't really know what i mean..). cya

#50     Dec 6, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.