Velocity Trader DAX Journal

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GoodTrades, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Including the fact that you work for a broker, and Eurex exch fee is 1 euro per RT, you've made 750 - 629 = 121 euros for the company. Thank you for not attaching a chart with all today's entries & exits :D

#21     Dec 5, 2003
    CALLumbus likes this.

2. I assume you are trading 5 to 10 contracts at a time. Do you always use the same number, or do you change it from trade to trade?

#22     Dec 5, 2003
  3. Cutten

Cutten

On the Dax, usually about 6 ticks from entry.

#23     Dec 5, 2003
  4. I hate to be a wet blanket, but this thread should come with a warning label. I can't think of much worse advice to give newbies than "go out and trade 100rt's today." What's that, about 15 RT's an hour. Oh and be sure to take only the good setup's.

I guess it's just a coincidence that a broker's vp is the trader. I'm not even going to get into the "what's your record" and "how about verifying it" stuff. And you guys have a problem with mrmarket???

#24     Dec 5, 2003
  5. I saw this thread and I knew I add to post here because this is a bit too much. Sorry for being skeptical and for starting the bashing... I mean you are a VP at a brokerage firm and you gonna show us how to scalp and make 100Rt's per day let me laugh... and in the DAX please! Why would you scalp the DAX first of all? It 's a freight train when it moves, pick your entry and just stay in for a 10 point ride. Scalping on a PC is a loser game for 90% + of people out there, you fight the spread, the commish, and suboptimal trades.

You sound like this FXCM rep who came here to teach us how to daytrade FX. And you have been trading "pro" for 5 years ? Do you make more from trading or brokerage revenues?

#25     Dec 5, 2003
  6. There are a lot of traders that scalp all the futures products doing a lot of RT a day. They all have very low commissions to be able to do this but think of it like the volume of a floor trader but adapted to screen trading. Like all styles some can do it and do it well while a lot can't trade no matter what the style is. A good reason to scalp the dax is because it is volatile kind of like the traders who made a lot of money scalping internet stocks that had a 1/2 pt -2 point spread in them a few years ago. When you are right you get paid really well without all the noise of having to churn thru a ton of levels.

#26     Dec 5, 2003
  7. And you are based in Houston? Do you actually get up at 2 am and make a trade every 5 minutes until the sun is up? Nuts!

#27     Dec 5, 2003
  8. BStrader

BStrader

Because DAX has bigger VOLATILITY than NQ.And how you maybe know,NQ has bigger than ES.
    ES=usually 5 points a day
    NQ=10 points...sometimes 20 points a day...i means in rally
    FDAX easy 80 points
    When US markets open and are slow,its better trading FDAX than NQ or ES.
    I trading at motning FDAX,THAN NQ/FDAX depend on volume.
    FDAX is excellent for fast scalping.
    :cool:

#28     Dec 5, 2003
  9. BStrader

BStrader

Let me tell you yet,FDAX had last two days around 8:30 am 80-100 points move.ES/NQ was without reaction.That reason for loving FDAX.

#29     Dec 5, 2003
  10. I never said DAX wasn't a great trading vehicle. Anyway what can I say? suckers will always hear what they want to hear, if they want to scalp from home with IB , great!

#30     Dec 5, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.