Velocity thread deleted. WHY ?????

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by RedDuke, Sep 25, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Excellent News!!!:) :D

#21     Feb 13, 2008
  2. gdh

gdh

Nice :)

#22     Feb 13, 2008
  3. #23     Mar 14, 2008
    #24     Mar 21, 2008
  5. FT79

FT79

Hi All,

I just spotted this thread but could one of you tell me what happened to Velocity Futures (or via a PM). If I look at the numbers of February 2008 on the CFTC website they are not making me happy.

Thanks in advance,
    FT79

#25     Mar 22, 2008
  6. My understanding is that they had client funds with Sentinel Management Group when Sentinal went under last year. Velocity seems to have pulled through that mess intact. You can google to find out what happened with Sentinal or there was a good article in SFO magazine that you can buy if interested. In my opinion they shouldn't have placed client funds there to begin with. That's why you see people here hoping they've "learned their lesson" etc. As a client, I think their service has been very good but I do keep a close watch on the latest CFTC reports.

#26     Mar 22, 2008
  7. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

By the latest FCM data the Net Capital is still sinking.

January 31, 2008: $2.16M
    June 30, 2008: $1.03M

What is happening in there?

#27     Aug 10, 2008
  8. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Here is the "price" action. This may tell something more...

#28     Aug 10, 2008
  9. I'm surprised that you're surprised that Baron decided to delete that thread. This is far from being the first time that Elite has deleted content at the request of an advertiser. I'm not sure if I agree with the idea that it's 'immoral'. This is a business. If you think deleting this thread is immoral, then you must think all of capitalism is immoral. I understand your frustration but I don't think you're viewing this with complete objectivity.

As for your comment about Canadian brokers, I find this bizarre. What on earth makes you think that IB in Canada is any different than IB in the U.S.?

#29     Aug 10, 2008
  10. cstfx

cstfx

I don't know why more people here don't look at vCap for their broker. Even tho they are only an IB to FCStone and MF Global (and yes Velocity) you can get pretty much the same deal you are getting from Velocity with the comfort of knowing that as far as capitalization goes, Stone and MF have far more resources at their disposal than Velocity. Just compare the numbers. It seems like Velocity's margins are getting thinner and thinner. That's really not a good sign.

#30     Aug 10, 2008